iPapi

Who wins the title?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if you think Belfry will line up and just "run over" Central, you are sorely mistaken. Central is as big and physical as anyone in any class - ask Highlands.

They arent playing Highlands. Belfry will dominate the line of scrimmage and run at will against Central. JC had no problem whatsoever doing so, and Belfry possess a much better running attack than JC had.

I wonder if Coach scroggins will trade film with Coach Haywood for this game? If he doesn't I am pretty sure Coach Matney will personally deliver the gametape to Belfry. :sssh:

They've had that particular game for quite some time.

Maybe it's just me but I'm a little shocked of all the picks for Belfry. I am guessing that there is just not a lot of Central fans on here. I know there aren't any that go to the games. When we played down there, there may have been 20 Central fans in the stands. That's sad. I hope that the fans show up for the state game being so close and all. Central was beating an undefeated 5A Highlands 13-0 with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter until HHS came back and put up 21 unanswered to win it. I am just wondering if my faith in the ability of Central is mistaken. Is Belfry really that good?

Belfry by almost as many as they want. The Pirates may be the third best team in the state.

Are you a Belfry fan? I hope so, otherwise you haven't been watching any other teams in the state. I truly hope you reconsider your statement. I respect your supporting your team, but that's a very bold statement. There are some teams in NKY, BG, Louisville, and Lexington that would argue that statement. But good luck to your team, however, if Central plays the way they did on their last regular season game, they will win state.

Maybe it's just me but I'm a little shocked of all the picks for Belfry. I am guessing that there is just not a lot of Central fans on here. I know there aren't any that go to the games. When we played down there, there may have been 20 Central fans in the stands. That's sad. I hope that the fans show up for the state game being so close and all. Central was beating an undefeated 5A Highlands 13-0 with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter until HHS came back and put up 21 unanswered to win it. I am just wondering if my faith in the ability of Central is mistaken. Is Belfry really that good?

The disparity in the poll cna be attributed to a few things, IMO:

1. Belfry has absolutely rolled through some very good opposition, and to answer your question, they are VERY good.

2. The common opponent these teams share was Johnson Central. JC whipped Lou. Central leading by 5 TD's before they pulled their starters, belfry then dominated Johnson Central a couple weeks later. Belfry plays the same style of football as Johnson Central, a style that posed lots of trouble for the Jackets, except Belfry runs it even better.

3. Central has lost to some very good football teams, but they are yet to prove that they can beat very good football teams. Their signature win of the year probably didn't occur until last night.

4. I can't think of a single Lou. Central supporter who posts on this site, meanwhile this site is crowded with Belfry faitful and fans of schools Belfry has defeated along the way.

5. There is no denying that Central's playoff run and the ease at which they did it was to be expected, for Belfry to roll through the competition on a much harder path was a bit of a head turner.

These are not reason's why Belfry will win, but just answering your inference about the poll.

if Central plays the way they did on their last regular season game, they will win state.

It takes alot for me to say this, but you are drastically underselling Belfry, they may be every bit as good as Highlands if not better when it is all said and done.

It takes alot for me to say this, but you are drastically underselling Belfry, they may be every bit as good as Highlands if not better when it is all said and done.

I would like to know what is in the air down there? Are you listening to yourself. I am so shocked I can't even think straight. This is not a thread on HHS, so let's keep it to the game. Please don't put any more fodder up here to cause me to fall out of my chair again. It just took me about 15 minutes to get up. I truly believe that I split my side when I read that. I hope for your sake, that no other HHS fans read this. I am not responsible for what they may say to you. Good luck to both teams, I would bet that less than 100 people show up to support Central including the band. It would be sad for them to win state and not even all the kids parents' came out to see their sons win a title.

I would like to know what is in the air down there? Are you listening to yourself. I am so shocked I can't even think straight. This is not a thread on HHS, so let's keep it to the game. Please don't put any more fodder up here to cause me to fall out of my chair again. It just took me about 15 minutes to get up. I truly believe that I split my side when I read that. I hope for your sake, that no other HHS fans read this. I am not responsible for what they may say to you. Good luck to both teams, I would bet that less than 100 people show up to support Central including the band. It would be sad for them to win state and not even all the kids parents' came out to see their sons win a title.

You were using the Central vs. Highlands game as the basis for judging how good Central is, I was stating that the difference between Belfry and Highlands isn't as close as you think. It's pertinent.

Assuming Belfry wins Friday, after the game is over disprove my thinking.

Are you a Belfry fan? I hope so, otherwise you haven't been watching any other teams in the state. I truly hope you reconsider your statement. I respect your supporting your team, but that's a very bold statement. There are some teams in NKY, BG, Louisville, and Lexington that would argue that statement. But good luck to your team, however, if Central plays the way they did on their last regular season game, they will win state.
No I am not a Belfry fan. However I know that JC dominated Louisville Central on both sides of the ball and one week later Belfry dominated the Golden Eagles almost as badly. in both cases, Johnson Central was playing at full strength. (The Central-Johnson Central was 41-7 before the Golden Eagles began running in the second string D.)

If Central could not run on Johnson Central, they will have a very tough time moving the ball on Belfry.

Certainly there are other teams with a claim to being the third best team in the state, but I only stated that they may be the third best team in the state. Maybe Highlands just had a bad game against Central, but I don't expect Belfry to have a bad game in the state finals.