iPapi

Who wins the title?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Central wants to win, then they better score early and get the lead and stay there. The longer the game goes with an even score, the more likely Belfry will win, IMO. If Central can get a lead and force the Pirates to play from behind, it changes everything. Belfry is a completely different team when you force them to catch up because their offense isn't designed to score fast. Nobody has done that yet.

This is just a guess, but I think Central is capable of beating Belfry. However, I don't think they will. I think Belfry is the better team and they'll prove it Friday. It wouldn't surprise me if this game was close, but my guess is Belfry wins by at least a couple of TD's.

34 - 20 or 34-14...something along those lines is my guess.

If Central wants to win, then they better score early and get the lead and stay there. The longer the game goes with an even score, the more likely Belfry will win, IMO. If Central can get a lead and force the Pirates to play from behind, it changes everything. Belfry is a completely different team when you force them to catch up because their offense isn't designed to score fast. Nobody has done that yet.

This is just a guess, but I think Central is capable of beating Belfry. However, I don't think they will. I think Belfry is the better team and they'll prove it Friday. It wouldn't surprise me if this game was close, but my guess is Belfry wins by at least a couple of TD's.

34 - 20 or 34-14...something along those lines is my guess.

Yeah....Central is very capable of beating Belfry.....especially a Belfry team that's reading press clippings. IMO, Coach Haywood is the "great equalizer" in this match-up.

Yeah....Central is very capable of beating Belfry.....especially a Belfry team that's reading press clippings. IMO, Coach Haywood is the "great equalizer" in this match-up.

I don't see Belfry getting the big-head and expecting to win by just showing up.

YES I AM!!!!!!! :ylsuper::ylsuper:

Got to pull for the Yellow Jackets! 1st shot at a state title and they are from the Ville!

Come on people jump on the bandwagon with me!! :banana::banana:

I am with you as well. WEnt on here earlier pulling for a Central victory - for all of the reasons you mentioned. NOt to downplay the opposition or what they have accomplished to get here - but we happen to believe "Louisville Football" may be a tad different. Here is an opportunity (beside X -T -Male_ et al) to demonstrate that fact.

Hats off to Central for the ambitious schedule they have tackled. Good luck and bring in the Win.:banana::banana:

Still gotta go with Central. Regardless of all the new info provided by Belfry faithful, thank you for that by the way. I just think that Central is one of those teams that plays according to their opponents ability. If their opponent is not fundamentally sound, they too will make some mistakes. If their opponent is firing on all cylinders, they too, will step it up and hit you hard and go for the knock out punch. I just think that they have too many weapons and a very good coach from the game I was at, to lose this game. Their coach has my vote for the difference maker in this game.

Central 35

Belfry 21

One of JC's fans came into work the Monday after they played Belfry and said "I really feel sorry for LC if they meet Belfry in the playoffs cause Belfry would blow them off the field!" I remember thinking at the time that we might get to find out?

All previous games mean nothing. No more comparisons of common opponents, no more references to schools that are not in the Championships. Flat out, These two teams didn't make it here by accident and I think that they deserve it. I have not seen Belfry but know that we've played them in past years and had some good and bad luck against them. I just am rooting for Central because those poor boys don't have anyone to show up to their games. That's awful. I can't even believe that this team was playing this well and couldn't get more than about 50 fans for their final season game(including the band). I feel terrible for them to have to look up into the stands and see all those empty seats. I will root for you Central.