Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Attendance...

Featured Replies

  • Author
IU should be at least 8-1. I was just wondering why there were so many open seats.

I think alot of it had to do with the Arena, no one knew where that place was and they didn't market the tourney at all. I got nothing about tickets and I always do.

 

Typically they travel very well, this tourney I don't know. I would imagine there were 5000 IU fans there, but that's an estimation.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per Lance's blog:

 

Oscar Combs on the UK basketball pregame said he was told by Rupp Arena officals that actual turnstile count of UK fans this year is "staggeringly low" compared to previous years....lots of empty seats.

 

Not to mention Lance is a UK hater... Anything negative that he can pitch about the cats, he will...

 

G

  • Author
Not to mention Lance is a UK hater... Anything negative that he can pitch about the cats, he will...

 

G

I'm ok with that. :lol:

While it's true that attendence is down this year so far, one needs to keep it in perspective. According to John Clay's blog http://johnclay.typepad.com/sidelines/

UK is still averaging over 20k per game. That's a disappointing figure only when you are accustomed to over 23k.

1 easy schedule + 1 easy to beat team (UK) = poor attendance

 

It'll all be sold out once SEC teams start coming to town!

1 easy schedule + 1 easy to beat team (UK) = poor attendance

 

It'll all be sold out once SEC teams start coming to town!

 

The thing is though we have always had some cupcakes on the schedule, and it usually is still always packed. However this year it has not been at all..

Their first 5 home games last year were Miami(Ohio), Miss. Valley, College of Charleston, Indiana and UMass. A lot better schedule than what they've had so far this year.

 

:thumb: Tubby always played one of the best ooc schedules in the country if not the toughest every year.

:thumb: Tubby always played one of the best ooc schedules in the country if not the toughest every year.

 

That must be why his nickname is "Ten Loss" Tubby.

It may be low because a lot of people were at that Gardner Webb game and told themselves they weren't going back this season! I did! :lol: jk

Consider that two of the games were during the Thanksgiving break, so there were very few students at those games.

I can't find what the attendance was, but from what I heard there was about a 8-1 IU to X ratio of fans there.

 

I will find what the attendance was.

 

I'd hope considering that their enrollment dwarfs X's like well over 10x's.

It may be low because a lot of people were at that Gardner Webb game and told themselves they weren't going back this season! I did! :lol: jk

 

I went to 1 game this year and boy do i wish my seat was empty that night.:creepy:

Anyone who dreams of sitting in the lower level knows that this is about the only stretch you have unless you wanna pay 300X face value. The exhibitons and first 5 or so games still probably draw 19-20K but might not be sold out. Different come mid-late December and the rest of the way.

Bad opponents, a lot of games during break, a sub-par (by UK standards) team, crappy upper deck that isn't worth the money you pay, Hard to get good seats, I can think of numerous reasons why attendance is down.

I think alot of it had to do with the Arena, no one knew where that place was and they didn't market the tourney at all. I got nothing about tickets and I always do.

 

.

 

Come on. They didn't know where the arena was? You think UK fans knew where the arena was for the Alasks Shootout? Can't IU fans afford a GPS?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.