Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Attendance...

Featured Replies

Per Lance's blog:

 

Oscar Combs on the UK basketball pregame said he was told by Rupp Arena officals that actual turnstile count of UK fans this year is "staggeringly low" compared to previous years....lots of empty seats.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at who they're playing and it's easy to figure out.

  • Author
Look at who they're playing and it's easy to figure out.

They didn't play cupcakes last year?

Per Lance's blog:

 

Oscar Combs on the UK basketball pregame said he was told by Rupp Arena officals that actual turnstile count of UK fans this year is "staggeringly low" compared to previous years....lots of empty seats.

 

 

I would say that Arkansas State, Gardner-Webb, Stony Brook, Liberty and Texas Southern explain that.

They didn't play cupcakes last year?

 

 

Their first 5 home games last year were Miami(Ohio), Miss. Valley, College of Charleston, Indiana and UMass. A lot better schedule than what they've had so far this year.

I would say that Arkansas State, Gardner-Webb, Stony Brook, Liberty and Texas Southern explain that.

 

Gotta look at when they were played too. There's only been 1 Saturday game. Everything else was mid week.

If it is staggering low this coming weekend and during conference play, then their may be a problem.

 

As an avid fan, forgive me for watching some of the Minnesota and Indiana games going on at the same time. ;)

Exactly! The game on Saturday was way more packed than any of the other games were. I have spotted a seat down in lower arena and went down there around the 15 minutes mark in the first half of every game, so I'm enjoying the smaller crowds! :thumb:

Per Lance's blog:

 

Oscar Combs on the UK basketball pregame said he was told by Rupp Arena officals that actual turnstile count of UK fans this year is "staggeringly low" compared to previous years....lots of empty seats.

 

 

Point noted. but I'll ask you since you are an IU fan (I know this is off topic). Does IU not travel well? There weren't many people in Chicago for that tourney. I'm not trying to start somehting, but I thought they traveled a lot better.

I was at the Texas Southern game and I remember thinking to myself that I could go sit in the front row if I wanted to. There were alot more empty seats than I can remember ever seeing there before.

  • Author
Point noted. but I'll ask you since you are an IU fan (I know this is off topic). Does IU not travel well? There weren't many people in Chicago for that tourney. I'm not trying to start somehting, but I thought they traveled a lot better.

I can't find what the attendance was, but from what I heard there was about a 8-1 IU to X ratio of fans there.

 

I will find what the attendance was.

I can't find what the attendance was, but from what I heard there was about a 8-1 IU to X ratio of fans there.

 

I will find what the attendance was.

 

 

IU should be at least 8-1. I was just wondering why there were so many open seats.

I was at the Texas Southern game and I remember thinking to myself that I could go sit in the front row if I wanted to. There were alot more empty seats than I can remember ever seeing there before.

 

I know I have been to pretty much every single home game this year, and it has been the same for every game. As you said I have never remembered seeing so many empty seats at Rupp arena before, even for cupcake games...

I know I have been to pretty much every single home game this year, and it has been the same for every game. As you said I have never remembered seeing so many empty seats at Rupp arena before, even for cupcake games...

 

I was trying to reason that it was probably because of the football team, but I understand that its been like this in every game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.