Public Shool VS Private School

Einstein70

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So LBBC what exactly are we (private school supporters) supposed to do?

Beat our chests while crying MIA CULPA!.

Stand by and let every gasbag that wants accuse (either directly or indirectly) us of some violation of rules?

Worst yet, stand by and let all of this sniping go on while listening to public school supporters claim that anyone could have won the __________ championship if they had access to the money, facilities, drawing area etc. that __________ had. Fill in the blanks with sport and school of your choice.

Whether you admit it or not things like this tend to diminish what private school students have and will accomplish and in my mind at least that is totally unacceptable.

Did you ever stop to think that the attitude of those on the public side of things may have the effect of causing private school people of "digging their heels in"?

The claim has been made numerous times that the private schools illegally recruit athletes so the private schools put forth a proposal that will start a real enforcement division within the KHSAA with real power to investigate and punish wrong doing. The public schools shot it down. WHY? Money? How much is it going to cost to host 2 Boy's Basketball Sweet 16 Tournaments in Rupp Arena, 2 Girl's tournaments in Diddle Arena, Boy's and Girl's Soccer Championships at Georgetown, Baseball tournament at Applebee's Park. Will those venues even be able to handle the extra activities because you had better believe that if separation ever does occur the private schools will rightfully demand that EVERYTHING be identical to the public schools.

Why is it that the actions of those on the private school side are the cause of the impasse rather then the seemingly inflexible position of the public schools side?

Humility would work well.

We know that you guys are tough programs who win a lot. You don't need to rub people's noses in it.

I will commend the Private school supporters as they have toned down the "we simply work harder than the public school coaches" talk. That was very offensive and I took it offensive as I know a lot of coaches who end up with marriage problems because of their commitment to their team and the amount of work they have done.

But you guys have quit beating that anvil that simply you outwork us.

I have no problem with so many of you guys who discuss this in a true debating fashion and I think both sides have learned a lot through BGP's discussion. At least, I know I have and appreciate what you guys do more than I did before.

As I have always said for those that think this all about football, before this debate I couldn't tell you what city Trinity or St. X was in, let alone whether you were any good in football.

Now I know that right there with Highlands, you are the creme of the crop.

That said, I believe the Sweet 16 on the boys' side is one of the main reasons of no split or classes. They don't want to mess with "tradition."

BTW, someone comes on here and accuses privates of being nothing but a bunch of cheaters and I will be right there to help defend you. I think that is wrong and serves no purpose, too.