6A Outside of Louisville...

PepRock01

I saw in the St.X-Manual thread someone mentioned how the winner of that game is likely the favorite to make it to the carpet on their side of the bracket.

I know on our side of the bracket that decision will be more than likely be made next week when Trinity will more than likely face Henry Clay.

Even so, a Louisville team making the finals is nearly a given in 6A. This leads me to the question though about 6A outside of Louisville. Who is at the top and why?

In my estimation I would place Henry Clay right at the top of that list with a considerable gap between them and the #2 team. They are almost like Male with their speed and offense.

Thoughts?

Henry Clay is at the top outside of Louisville, IMHO. Very talented and they play hard. Shelby Co. can score on anybody. Hopefully, next year, Dunbar will be the best outside Louisville. Not meaning to slight the Western teams, but I am not familiar with some of them. I do know that Meade Co. is pretty good.

Henry Clay is at the top outside of Louisville, IMHO. Very talented and they play hard. Shelby Co. can score on anybody. Hopefully, next year, Dunbar will be the best outside Louisville. Not meaning to slight the Western teams, but I am not familiar with some of them. I do know that Meade Co. is pretty good.

I keep forgetting about Shelby! Ever since they left our district for some reason it always slips my mind that they are 6A. Yeah I could see them right behind HC, well with a bit of a gap of course.

Henry Clay is probably the most successful 6A program outside of Louisville and looks like the best of the bunch this year. Still, a lot of people will tell you the Blue Devils tend to underachieve.

I look forward to their likely visit to Marshall Stadium next week. They impressed me last season coming back from a 28-0 deficit in the first quarter to make a game of it against the Rocks. I think that team was #3 behind Trinity and Male last year.

Don't count out Marshall County as the #2 team outside of Louisville behind Henry Clay. The Marshals have a stud running back in Alan Williams and a very nice change of pace back in Brandon Walker and they can spread you out and either run or pass. And their defense is very good. I see them playing St. X or Manual next week...and while I will not go out on the limb and say they will beat either St. X or Manual...I do think that they can at least give them a good game...especially since it would be at Marshall County.

Don't count out Marshall County as the #2 team outside of Louisville behind Henry Clay. The Marshals have a stud running back in Alan Williams and a very nice change of pace back in Brandon Walker and they can spread you out and either run or pass. And their defense is very good. I see them playing St. X or Manual next week...and while I will not go out on the limb and say they will beat either St. X or Manual...I do think that they can at least give them a good game...especially since it would be at Marshall County.

What is their record and who have they played?

Thanks for the info, voice. :thumb:

Marshall co. and Meade Co. are both very good teams and Programs. I think the experience of the program speaks volumes this time of year. Both of these teams have been to this level and have very good fan support on their own home fields. This makes it a very tough assignment for anyone to play at their place. Either of these two teams getting to the semi finals would not be a total surprise. Both have demonstrated tough playoff football capabilities over the years. They are certianly worthy opponents in the next couple of rounds. I do not see them as true competitors for the 6A championship however. Good Luck to both in the playoffs....

What is their record and who have they played?

Marshall County 2007 Season:

Aug 24, '07 Chattanooga McCallie lost 14 - 31

Aug 31, '07 Hopkinsville won 31 - 13

Sep 7, '07 Graves County lost 34 - 36

Sep 14, '07 Calloway County won 26 - 20

Sep 21, '07 Apollo won 38 - 22

Oct 5, '07 Madisonville-North Hopkins won 52 - 14

Oct 12, '07 Daviess County won 41 - 26

Oct 19, '07 Henderson County won 40 - 21

Oct 26, '07 Mayfield won 30 - 7

Nov 2, '07 Bowling Green lost 14 - 52

Nov 9, '07 Henderson County won 42 - 25

Record 8-3

Marshall co. and Meade Co. are both very good teams and Programs. I think the experience of the program speaks volumes this time of year. Both of these teams have been to this level and have very good fan support on their own home fields. This makes it a very tough assignment for anyone to play at their place. Either of these two teams getting to the semi finals would not be a total surprise. Both have demonstrated tough playoff football capabilities over the years. They are certianly worthy opponents in the next couple of rounds. I do not see them as true competitors for the 6A championship however. Good Luck to both in the playoffs....

I agree...Meade and Marshall are the best out west and they are solid teams but not in the league of a StX or Trinity...I think they could compete with any of the other 6a teams pretty well though, just not those 2...