UFC Holds Press Conference Regarding Randy Couture

I don't want you to think that I believe every single thing Dana White says. I'm not brainwashed by him. I don't believe every single thing ANYONE says :lol:. I just think both parties are responsible for this little fiasco. Randy was getting paid VERY well. Considering his wife said he has made more money outside the cage than inside the cage, he's not in trouble financially. I wish they'd just work out their differences so we can see Randy and Big Nog go at it!

So, after all that, we find out that we basically see things the same way. :thumb::lol:

Now we can get back to talking about real fighting...not war of words. :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont forget about Randy's cut of PPV revenue also. Here's how that breaks down:

100,000-170,000 buys = Randy gets 1 dollar per buy.

175,000-300,000 buys = Randy gets 1.50 per buy.

300,000-330,000 buys = Randy gets 2 dollars per buy.

over 330,000 buys = Randy gets 3 dollars per buy.

Most UFC shows are believed to have over 330,000 buys now days so thats a lot of jack just on PPV alone for Couture.

As for Liddell and Hughes liking White...it just furthers my belief that he plays favorites. Anyway, it really doesn't matter...I'm just trying to tell you why I don't believe everything that Dana White says and I expect some of these comments we hear about him are true. Again, he's done a great job with the UFC and overall I like him....I just think he could do some things in a more professional manner and I think it would make the product even stronger. As it is, I'm afraid some of these things could come back to hurt the UFC in the long run, and I don't want that to happen. I like their show production, I like the cage, etc...and I want to see it stay on top and have the best fighters in the world.

:thumb: Very good point. I think Dana's sort of ruthless, take-no-prisoners style has been one of the reasons that the UFC has emerged and climbed to the top. Yet, now there, his style hasn't adapted and it seems to be causing problems, like this one. Considering the national popularity of the sport, and Dana being the face of the organization, his quick temper, condescension, and fondness of cussing are hindering them. In short, Dana's style may have been a catalyst in the UFC's exploding popularity, but it may also be its largest obstacle now.

:thumb: Very good point. I think Dana's sort of ruthless, take-no-prisoners style has been one of the reasons that the UFC has emerged and climbed to the top. Yet, now there, his style hasn't adapted and it seems to be causing problems, like this one. Considering the national popularity of the sport, and Dana being the face of the organization, his quick temper, condescension, and fondness of cussing are hindering them. In short, Dana's style may have been a catalyst in the UFC's exploding popularity, but it may also be its largest obstacle now.

Thank you for so eloquently stating in a short paragraph what I couldn't clearly state in 20 posts, most of which were 4 times longer than this one...:thumb:

Basically, in a nutshell, that's the point I was trying to get at. I think now that the UFC is more firmly established and getting attention from major sports shows like ESPN, Dana should try to act more professional.

For example, Arlovski has one fight left on his contract, but the UFC has basically put him on freeze until he signs a new contract...things like that are just unprofessional, IMO. So, what happens if he wants to sign with M-1...is the UFC going to claim he hasn't fulfilled his contract, when they're the ones who won't let him fight. So, while I think Randy should honor his contract with UFC....that goes both ways. Dana and the UFC should honor their contracts and give the fans the best fights they can possibly make with the fighters they have. Who cares if the guy hasn't signed an extension and is on his last fight? Maybe if Dana would treat them more professionally, they'd be more eager to sign.

For a guy who says the UFC is untouchable when it comes to a rival organization gaining any ground on them, his actions don't seem to match his words.

Thank you for so eloquently stating in a short paragraph what I couldn't clearly state in 20 posts, most of which were 4 times longer than this one...:thumb:

Basically, in a nutshell, that's the point I was trying to get at. I think now that the UFC is more firmly established and getting attention from major sports shows like ESPN, Dana should try to act more professional.

For example, Arlovski has one fight left on his contract, but the UFC has basically put him on freeze until he signs a new contract...things like that are just unprofessional, IMO. So, what happens if he wants to sign with M-1...is the UFC going to claim he hasn't fulfilled his contract, when they're the ones who won't let him fight. So, while I think Randy should honor his contract with UFC....that goes both ways. Dana and the UFC should honor their contracts and give the fans the best fights they can possibly make with the fighters they have. Who cares if the guy hasn't signed an extension and is on his last fight? Maybe if Dana would treat them more professionally, they'd be more eager to sign.

For a guy who says the UFC is untouchable when it comes to a rival organization gaining any ground on them, his actions don't seem to match his words.

I completely understand why they don't have Arlovski fighting. If he's only got one fight left, why let him fight and look great and then raise his stock? That would cost them more money. That is bad business.

I completely understand why they don't have Arlovski fighting. If he's only got one fight left, why let him fight and look great and then raise his stock? That would cost them more money. That is bad business.

And it's that type of treatment that could come back to bite the UFC if a rival organization start to become a serious threat...that's my point. If Dana is so confident that no one can touch the UFC, then he should honor his end of the contract and let Arlovski fight. Then determine what he thinks AA is worth and if they can't reach an agreement, let him walk. I mean, no one can touch UFC, right...so what would it matter if Arlovski leaves?

So, while I think Couture should finish his contract out...that argument in itself is ridiculous coming from a guy who won't do the same when the ball's in his court, wouldn't you agree? It's the definition of hypocrite.

And it's that type of treatment that could come back to bite the UFC if a rival organization start to become a serious threat...that's my point. If Dana is so confident that no one can touch the UFC, then he should honor his end of the contract and let Arlovski fight. Then determine what he thinks AA is worth and if they can't reach an agreement, let him walk. I mean, no one can touch UFC, right...so what would it matter if Arlovski leaves?

So, while I think Couture should finish his contract out...that argument in itself is ridiculous coming from a guy who won't do the same when the ball's in his court, wouldn't you agree? It's the definition of hypocrite.

I'm sure Arlovski's contract has a time limit on it as well. The UFC is just protecting themselves, like any business would do. The same thing happened with Brandon Vera, however he has since re-signed right?

I'm sure Arlovski's contract has a time limit on it as well. The UFC is just protecting themselves, like any business would do. The same thing happened with Brandon Vera, however he has since re-signed right?

What does that prove? They still forced him to sit...it's a tactic to force guys to sign with them. Again, if the UFC is so great and he's so confident it can't be touched, why not let the guys fight and let the chips fall where they may? It is a business move, but it's not good business, IMO. These are the type of things I'm talking about that could hurt them down the road, which is my whole point.