Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rupp Arena Replaced???

Featured Replies

Two words. Luxury. Suites.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About 3.5 times larger, right? Just to keep the programs in proportion? :D;):p

 

The more arrogance, the more room you need. :D:p :jump:

I miss those days... :lol:

Me too. Which is why I posted it.:D

 

 

 

 

 

Disclaimer: Yes, situations such as post 25 have occured in my life. Was the chick I found as hot as the ex.... probably not. I am not a miracle worker.

Disclaimer: Yes, situations such as post 25 have occured in my life. Was the chick I found as hot as the ex.... probably not. I am not a miracle worker.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The more arrogance, the more room you need. :D:p :jump:

 

 

What7ever could you be talk2ing about? :sssh:

Well, it's just a proposal. I have been to Rupp Arena twice in my life, and personally I wouldn't mind a BIT if they got a smaller arena. At the same time, though, I'm glad that the possibility is there for both teams to get new arenas. It only helps the state.

 

Why would you want UK to get a smaller arena? If I read the article right, it sounds like it will be about the same size, with the possibility they might add 3000 more seats or so...

The more arrogance, the more room you need. :D:p :jump:

 

Seems you are having program envy.:fire:

Why would you want UK to get a smaller arena? If I read the article right, it sounds like it will be about the same size, with the possibility they might add 3000 more seats or so...

 

That's what I was thinking, the more the better.

I don't know about anybody else, but I want the CATS to play in the same Rupp Arena I've known my entire life!!!

Seems like a lot of money down the drain from the Rupp renovations these past few years.

The more arrogance, the more room you need. :D:p :jump:

 

Which is the basis for the proposed expansion of Papa John's....correct?;)

Rupp is fairly outdated and they have room to build a larger complex.

As Fletch mentioned the need for corporate suites is a must.

They did renovate the concession areas, but the corridors are fairly tight still. As for the arena itself, I have not noticed too many changes over the last few years. Scoreboards are far below that of a major facility. They do have the largest collection of speakers though.

If the money is there, I can't complain.

There has been a long standing idea of building an on campus arena, but a new facility for the downtown area would increase convention space and offer up a smaller concert hall as mentioned.

One would be naive to think that the new arena in Louisville, hasn't at least sparked discussions. I just don't think it is "my toys are better than your toys"...

The arena site for for the one in Louisville probably is not in the best spot and if I recall correctly was not the site recommended.

They could easily plug a new arena in downtown LEX.

 

Furthermore the new arena seems to be a part of a larger project which would include something called the Manchester St/Town Branch Trail Project. The TBT has been in the works for a while. The project would be something similar to what San Antonio has done with their Riverwalk. The project would ideally connect green space to the urban city area. This is still a ways off, the present lease runs out around 2017 so a renovation of some sort would be in order for Rupp or an entirely new facility.

My next question is: If UK has known they needed a new place for a while now, why spend $50 million to renovate?

 

UK isnt doing it. If you read the article or knew anything about Lexington, you would know UK does not own Rupp Arena or Lexington Center.

 

When was the last time you were in Rupp? It's pretty obvious its getting time for something new. It's like 30 years old, time to move on up.

Why would you want UK to get a smaller arena? If I read the article right, it sounds like it will be about the same size, with the possibility they might add 3000 more seats or so...

 

Because it's more personal... Again, though, I don't go to the games so I don't really care either way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.