Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rupp Arena Replaced???

Featured Replies

What is the timetable for an acceptable time to begin thinking about getting a new arena? We are talking 8 years or so away.

 

I just find it quite ironic that all of a sudden UK needs a new arena, right in the midst of UL getting a new one built....

  • Replies 77
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

I have a buddy who worked their for UK and the Horseman and he's said it's been time for a while now...

I have been hearing rumblings of UK making substantial changes to their place long before UL rumblings upgrading (or leaving) Freedom Hall. And yes, UL needs it A LOT worse. That place is a Fire Marshal's worst nightmare.
I just find it quite ironic that all of a sudden UK needs a new arena, right in the midst of UL getting a new one built....

 

I find it hard to believe that you find it ironic...:confused:

 

What do you expect? That's why competition is good...

I just find it quite ironic that all of a sudden UK needs a new arena, right in the midst of UL getting a new one built....

 

Why does it bother you?

My next question is: If UK has known they needed a new place for a while now, why spend $50 million to renovate?

I have been hearing rumblings of UK making substantial changes to their place long before UL rumblings upgrading (or leaving) Freedom Hall. And yes, UL needs it A LOT worse. That place is a Fire Marshal's worst nightmare.

 

I had just heard expansion, not new...

I find it hard to believe that you find it ironic...:confused:

 

What do you expect? That's why competition is good...

 

Ironic isn't a good word...Predictable is more like it. :thumb:

My next question is: If UK has known they needed a new place for a while now, why spend $50 million to renovate?

 

Before this gets started, I'll just say this... Because they can...

Ironic isn't a good word...Predictable is more like it. :thumb:

 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, much better...:D

I just find it quite ironic that all of a sudden UK needs a new arena, right in the midst of UL getting a new one built....

It is like having your ex at a party and she is making out with some dude. To get back, you find a hotter chick to make out with right in front of her.

It is like having your ex at a party and she is making out with some dude. To get back, you find a hotter chick to make out with right in front of her.

 

Unless of course you're in the band. Then you just go home and bang on your drum...

 

 

 

 

 

 

:fire::fire::fire:

I had just heard expansion, not new...

 

Expansion and a new place are two totally different things...Makes a lot of difference in debate. :D

It is like having your ex at a party and she is making out with some dude. To get back, you find a hotter chick to make out with right in front of her.

 

I miss those days... :lol:

I had just heard expansion, not new...

 

That falls under "substantial changes." ;)

Or, since UL is getting a new place, maybe UK needs one too? And make sure it's bigger, too! ;)

 

 

About 3.5 times larger, right? Just to keep the programs in proportion? :D;):p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.