Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rupp Arena Replaced???

Featured Replies

I don't know about anybody else, but I want the CATS to play in the same Rupp Arena I've known my entire life!!!

 

 

I've been to Rupp quite a few times. How could you not love the atmosphere. Parking at times is challenging, and since I can't afford anything in the lower bowl (unless a rich relative dies and leaves me tickets), I'm always at the very top. Not to mention, forget sitting near the seat number or row assigned on your ticket. I'm not a huge fan of the bench seating for us commoners. I guess that's why I like going to Freedom Hall to watch basketball, all seatbacks. I'm sure that will change with the new arena being built near the river.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any truth to the rumor that the new arena will be named after Tubby Smith and be called

 

 

 

 

Tubby's Taj Mahal ? :D:D

Or, since UL is getting a new place, maybe UK needs one too? And make sure it's bigger, too! ;)

 

Of course! Why shouldn't it be!?!?:D

Honestly, its about time.

 

Why though? I love Rupp Arena.

Any truth to the rumor that the new arena will be named after Tubby Smith and be called

 

 

 

 

Tubby's Taj Mahal ? :D:D

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This has been rumored since Pitino was at UK. He wanted an on campus arena and lobbyed for a new place HARD during his tenure but hit a brick wall. Tubby lobbied and hit the same wall, learned from Rick it wasn't meant to be, and let it go.

 

I would like to see it, but it would be an end to an era.

 

On another note, I still like going to games at Freedom Hall. My first pro game (of the 2 I have ever been to and the other was just an exhibition game at Rupp) was there watching Artis Gilmore and the Ky Colonels play! I would hate to see them not used anymore, but understand the need to move on.

If the city of Lexington wants to pay for it I'm sure UK would be glad to use it. What would it be called Rupp Arena II?

I've been to Rupp quite a few times. How could you not love the atmosphere. Parking at times is challenging, and since I can't afford anything in the lower bowl (unless a rich relative dies and leaves me tickets), I'm always at the very top. Not to mention, forget sitting near the seat number or row assigned on your ticket. I'm not a huge fan of the bench seating for us commoners. I guess that's why I like going to Freedom Hall to watch basketball, all seatbacks. I'm sure that will change with the new arena being built near the river.

 

Amen. I do not like the bench seating either. I won't go to anything in

Rupp if I have to sit there.

Why though? I love Rupp Arena.

 

Are you sure it doesn't have more to do with the product on the floor? If, say, you picked up Rupp Arena and dropped it down in Columbus, Ohio, and re-painted it, would you feel the same?

 

It's just a building. And a deteriorating one at that.

If the city of Lexington wants to pay for it I'm sure UK would be glad to use it. What would it be called Rupp Arena II?

 

The City of Lexington and the downtown business association — whatever their official title is — should pay every penny, since they are the ones benefiting the most from Rupp.

No more bleacher seats either!Of course by the time it's built I will be to old to climb way up there no matter what kind of seats they have.:cry:

They can build all the new arenas they want but it should always have the name of the great Adolph Frederick Rupp attached to it. I have thought for the last ten years somebody would cave into pressure and change the name of the current arena because of the controversy surrounding the man. All kentuckians should pay a great respect for this man because he has had more influence on this state than any other individual! For my opinion the current arena is fine and when it was built in 1976 was probably ten or fifthteen years ahead of its time, this arena if you think is the trailblazer for the current American sports arena.

No more bleacher seats either!...

 

 

 

 

Thats why I would rather watch the cats sitting in my Recliner...:D

I was going to ask how many the new arena would seat, and then someone posted 30,000.

If they are going to build a new arena it should seat at least 30,000-35,000.....or more! I mean...this is UK! Set the standard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.