Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Independent's Super 7

Featured Replies

East Nor West should be ranked above Ashland.

 

Why? East beat Raceland who beat the once mighty Tomcats. East beat Boyd who took the once mighty tomcats to the wire. Then West beats East. Ashland football ain't what she used to be my friend.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. As has been said, this means nothing, just for discussion, but some just take it to serious and get upset. Some teams are doing good, and some are having a bad year, that is part of high school football. In years past I have seen teams above teams that had they had lost to. Does that mean that one team is better? No. Just one person's, or paper's, opinion. Just like we will have 100 different opinions on BGP.

 

:thumb::thumb: Ram, you are absolutely correct.

 

(also, don't forget the Chimp's opinion :D)

Why? East beat Raceland who beat the once mighty Tomcats. East beat Boyd who took the once mighty tomcats to the wire. Then West beats East. Ashland football ain't what she used to be my friend.

 

:ylsuper: 100% agree.

Ashland has played against a lot of very tough teams, inculding Russell, Woodford Co., Montgomery Co., Raceland and Pikeville.

If they had played East, West, or Fairview Maybe they could have earned some easy wins and respect.

 

I would be willing to put money on all three of those games, and not in favor of Ashland. Not saying Ashland wouldnt win any but they sure would not be easy wins.:thumb:

 

by the way west is getting hoses in the super seven. They should be infront of East as much as I hate to say that.

I didn't say Lawrence had a weak early schedule, I said Paintsville had a weak early schedule. I do not think that Lawrence had a weak schedule. Look back in the preseason I picked Lawrence to win their district.

 

:thumb:My apologies, I misread that:thumb:

Aug 24, '07 Raceland Ashland Blazer 20 - 23 (L)

Aug 31, '07 Pikeville Ashland Blazer 21 - 34 (L)

Sep 7, '07 Ironton, OH Ashland Blazer 7 - 27 (L)

Sep 14, '07 Russell Russell 20 - 28 (L)

Sep 21, '07 Montgomery County Ashland Blazer 28 - 30 (L) (overtime)

Sep 28, '07 Boyd County Boyd County 40 - 33 (W) (overtime)

Oct 6, '07 Woodford County Woodford County 13 - 48 (L)

Oct 12, '07 Greenup County Ashland Blazer 33 - 12 (W)

Oct 19, '07 Bryan Station Ashland Blazer - 7:30 PM

Oct 26, '07 Johnson Central Johnson Central - 7:30 PM

Nov 2, '07 Open Ashland Blazer

 

 

I keep reading about this "tough schedule" that may help justify Ashland's weak 2-6 record, so I though I'd look it up for myself. If this is a "strong schedule" for a high caliber 5-A program then I'm missing something?? I'll give you Russell (a very good 3-A team), Woodford County (a good 5-A team), and possibly Montgomery (a 5-2, 5-A team with a typically weak schedule). The remainder is made up of a couple of decent 1-A teams, and two 1-6, 4-A teams, one of which took them to OT.

 

Just using NKY as an example how would they fair against a schedule like Dixie Heights', CovCath's, or Highlands'?? Just to compare to Dixie's, which is the weakest of the three:

 

Aug 25, '07 Beechwood Dixie Heights 17 - 21 (L)--BW probably a little better 1-A than Raceland or Pikeville

Aug 31, '07 Simon Kenton Simon Kenton 26 - 15 (W)--Just handed Russell their first loss

Sep 7, '07 Covington Catholic Dixie Heights 44 - 28 (W)--Defending 3-A state champ

Sep 14, '07 Highlands Dixie Heights 14 - 44 (L)--Highlands--#1 ranked 5-A team

Sep 21, '07 Open Dixie Heights -

Sep 28, '07 Conner Conner 41 - 13 (W)--6-A team having an off year

Oct 5, '07 Holmes Holmes 20 - 33 (L)--An obviouly better than their record 5-A team

Oct 11, '07 Boone County Dixie Heights 27 - 43 (L)--Arguably the top 6-A team in NKY

Oct 19, '07 Scott Scott - 7:30 PM--District Game

Oct 26, '07 Ryle Dixie Heights - 7:00 PM--Other team in the running for NKY 6-A #1

Nov 2, '07 Campbell County Campbell County --6-A playoff #3 seed

 

Don't think you can use their tough schedule as an excuse!!

Aug 24, '07 Raceland Ashland Blazer 20 - 23 (L)

Aug 31, '07 Pikeville Ashland Blazer 21 - 34 (L)

Sep 7, '07 Ironton, OH Ashland Blazer 7 - 27 (L)

Sep 14, '07 Russell Russell 20 - 28 (L)

Sep 21, '07 Montgomery County Ashland Blazer 28 - 30 (L) (overtime)

Sep 28, '07 Boyd County Boyd County 40 - 33 (W) (overtime)

Oct 6, '07 Woodford County Woodford County 13 - 48 (L)

Oct 12, '07 Greenup County Ashland Blazer 33 - 12 (W)

Oct 19, '07 Bryan Station Ashland Blazer - 7:30 PM

Oct 26, '07 Johnson Central Johnson Central - 7:30 PM

Nov 2, '07 Open Ashland Blazer

 

 

I keep reading about this "tough schedule" that may help justify Ashland's weak 2-6 record, so I though I'd look it up for myself. If this is a "strong schedule" for a high caliber 5-A program then I'm missing something?? I'll give you Russell (a very good 3-A team), Woodford County (a good 5-A team), and possibly Montgomery (a 5-2, 5-A team with a typically weak schedule). The remainder is made up of a couple of decent 1-A teams, and two 1-6, 4-A teams, one of which took them to OT.

 

Just using NKY as an example how would they fair against a schedule like Dixie Heights', CovCath's, or Highlands'?? Just to compare to Dixie's, which is the weakest of the three:

 

Aug 25, '07 Beechwood Dixie Heights 17 - 21 (L)--BW probably a little better 1-A than Raceland or Pikeville

Aug 31, '07 Simon Kenton Simon Kenton 26 - 15 (W)--Just handed Russell their first loss

Sep 7, '07 Covington Catholic Dixie Heights 44 - 28 (W)--Defending 3-A state champ

Sep 14, '07 Highlands Dixie Heights 14 - 44 (L)--Highlands--#1 ranked 5-A team

Sep 21, '07 Open Dixie Heights -

Sep 28, '07 Conner Conner 41 - 13 (W)--6-A team having an off year

Oct 5, '07 Holmes Holmes 20 - 33 (L)--An obviouly better than their record 5-A team

Oct 11, '07 Boone County Dixie Heights 27 - 43 (L)--Arguably the top 6-A team in NKY

Oct 19, '07 Scott Scott - 7:30 PM--District Game

Oct 26, '07 Ryle Dixie Heights - 7:00 PM--Other team in the running for NKY 6-A #1

Nov 2, '07 Campbell County Campbell County --6-A playoff #3 seed

 

Don't think you can use their tough schedule as an excuse!!

 

 

Ashland does not have a tough schedule. Bottom line. They are just not that good this year. It happens at all levels of high school football. Well except for the private schools.

Imo neither should Fairview. By record, yes. I just think that Ashland is better than Fairview. JMO

 

No offense but you are a Raceland fan so you wouldn't give Fairview a chance against anybody. That's just how it is, Fairview fans could say the same about Raceland in some year's it just so happens Raceland has some decent talent right now that won't always be the case there, just like Ashland won't always be bad like they are this season.

No offense but you are a Raceland fan so you wouldn't give Fairview a chance against anybody. That's just how it is, Fairview fans could say the same about Raceland in some year's it just so happens Raceland has some decent talent right now that won't always be the case there, just like Ashland won't always be bad like they are this season.

 

No offense taken but I am so glad that you are able to read my mind and state that just bc someone is a Raceland alum and fan that they never give Fairview any credit.

I made the statement that I did bc that is what I believe - a Raceland / Fairview rivalry has nothning to do with what I think about an Ashland/Fairview game (and it is a mythical game, they don't play so we will neve know).

 

As for comparing Raceland and Fairview's talent and teams throught the years. Raceland has 18 district titles to their record and something like a 27 - 7 W/L record vs, the Eagles. (that is probably not exact but it is dang close). Fairview has had a few good years recently under Coach C. Tackett but through the years not so much. I have given the Fairview kids plenty of credit on their good years and their district titles (3 maybe 4 I believe, not sure).

Anyway, I won't discuss it any further and I was not looking to get into a Raceland/Fairview debate untill it was brought up. I willl leave it a that and hopefully the discussion will get back on topic.

No offense taken but I am so glad that you are able to read my mind and state that just bc someone is a Raceland alum and fan that they never give Fairview any credit.

I made the statement that I did bc that is what I believe - a Raceland / Fairview rivalry has nothning to do with what I think about an Ashland/Fairview game (and it is a mythical game, they don't play so we will neve know)

 

Well said my thought also.

No offense but you are a Raceland fan so you wouldn't give Fairview a chance against anybody. That's just how it is, Fairview fans could say the same about Raceland in some year's it just so happens Raceland has some decent talent right now that won't always be the case there, just like Ashland won't always be bad like they are this season.

 

I remember Fairview beating Raceland a couple of years they had a good team. Fairview, I am sure will get another chance with every body back and 100% Raceland team. As to Ashland, No I don't think They could beat Ashland. That is my opinion only, and that is what this forum is all about. Also Raceland owns Fairview year end and year out. Fact.

Let us keep the discussion to discussing the rankings.

I remember Fairview beating Raceland a couple of years they had a good team. Fairview, I am sure will get another chance with every body back and 100% Raceland team. As to Ashland, No I don't think They could beat Ashland. That is my opinion only, and that is what this forum is all about. Also Raceland owns Fairview year end and year out. Fact.

 

Yeah really

Aug 24, '07 Raceland Ashland Blazer 20 - 23 (L)

Aug 31, '07 Pikeville Ashland Blazer 21 - 34 (L)

Sep 7, '07 Ironton, OH Ashland Blazer 7 - 27 (L)

Sep 14, '07 Russell Russell 20 - 28 (L)

Sep 21, '07 Montgomery County Ashland Blazer 28 - 30 (L) (overtime)

Sep 28, '07 Boyd County Boyd County 40 - 33 (W) (overtime)

Oct 6, '07 Woodford County Woodford County 13 - 48 (L)

Oct 12, '07 Greenup County Ashland Blazer 33 - 12 (W)

Oct 19, '07 Bryan Station Ashland Blazer - 7:30 PM

Oct 26, '07 Johnson Central Johnson Central - 7:30 PM

Nov 2, '07 Open Ashland Blazer

 

 

I keep reading about this "tough schedule" that may help justify Ashland's weak 2-6 record, so I though I'd look it up for myself. If this is a "strong schedule" for a high caliber 5-A program then I'm missing something?? I'll give you Russell (a very good 3-A team), Woodford County (a good 5-A team), and possibly Montgomery (a 5-2, 5-A team with a typically weak schedule). The remainder is made up of a couple of decent 1-A teams, and two 1-6, 4-A teams, one of which took them to OT.

 

Just using NKY as an example how would they fair against a schedule like Dixie Heights', CovCath's, or Highlands'?? Just to compare to Dixie's, which is the weakest of the three:

 

Aug 25, '07 Beechwood Dixie Heights 17 - 21 (L)--BW probably a little better 1-A than Raceland or Pikeville

Aug 31, '07 Simon Kenton Simon Kenton 26 - 15 (W)--Just handed Russell their first loss

Sep 7, '07 Covington Catholic Dixie Heights 44 - 28 (W)--Defending 3-A state champ

Sep 14, '07 Highlands Dixie Heights 14 - 44 (L)--Highlands--#1 ranked 5-A team

Sep 21, '07 Open Dixie Heights -

Sep 28, '07 Conner Conner 41 - 13 (W)--6-A team having an off year

Oct 5, '07 Holmes Holmes 20 - 33 (L)--An obviouly better than their record 5-A team

Oct 11, '07 Boone County Dixie Heights 27 - 43 (L)--Arguably the top 6-A team in NKY

Oct 19, '07 Scott Scott - 7:30 PM--District Game

Oct 26, '07 Ryle Dixie Heights - 7:00 PM--Other team in the running for NKY 6-A #1

Nov 2, '07 Campbell County Campbell County --6-A playoff #3 seed

 

Don't think you can use their tough schedule as an excuse!!

 

 

Who really cares about the NKY teams you are referring to? I believe the point here is that Ashland HAS played a tough schedule for an Eastern KY team...maybe not up to your standards, but for around here in the Eastern Part it has been a very tough schedule COMPARED to most of the teams in this Super 7.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.