Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Independent's Super 7

Featured Replies

Who really cares about the NKY teams you are referring to? I believe the point here is that Ashland HAS played a tough schedule for an Eastern KY team...maybe not up to your standards, but for around here in the Eastern Part it has been a very tough schedule COMPARED to most of the teams in this Super 7.

 

Last I heard NKY is part of the state, and schedule toughness is normally figured on who you play and where they rank across the state I'd think. No knock on Ashland except I kept hearing week after week about their difficult schedule, and looked at it myself. I used a NKY comparison as its what I'm most familiar with--Sorry you took offense at cold reality?? Hopefully they turn it around and finish strong, despite the monster schedule!!

  • Replies 115
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion:

 

1. Johnson Central - Good win this past week and face a really good Montgomery County team this week.

 

2. Russell - Tough loss this week and tough game coming up with Mason County.

 

3. Raceland - Quality win this week and face a decent Nicholas County team this week.

 

4. Ashland - 2 Wins under their belt, but played a little tougher schedule than some and quite honestly no one else left to put in front of them.

 

5. Fairview - Tough loss this week and possibly could drop out of the Super 7 after this weekend.

 

6. West Carter - Decent team, once again, no one to put above them.

 

7. East Carter/ Boyd County/ Lawrence Co / Rowan Co and Paintsville....Draw one out of a hat on this one.

 

 

Definetly gonna be some changes to the top 7 next week..A lot of tough games this week for some and a lot of Area matchups that could move teams up or down this week.

Last I heard NKY is part of the state, and schedule toughness is normally figured on who you play and where they rank across the state I'd think. No knock on Ashland except I kept hearing week after week about their difficult schedule, and looked at it myself. I used a NKY comparison as its what I'm most familiar with--Sorry you took offense at cold reality?? Hopefully they turn it around and finish strong, despite the monster schedule!!

 

 

Trust me you can ask anyone...I am not taking up for Ashland...my point being this is the Super 7 for the Ashland Paper....not the State or the World...so with comparison to the other teams in the Super 7 area,they have had a tougher schedule than most. That was my only point.

Trust me you can ask anyone...I am not taking up for Ashland...my point being this is the Super 7 for the Ashland Paper....not the State or the World...so with comparison to the other teams in the Super 7 area,they have had a tougher schedule than most. That was my only point.

 

 

Point taken--I'll stay out of "local affairs" and wait for the playoffs!!

As an Ashland fan, I think that their ranking is off the charts. The have no wins in district play and beat a very young Greenup and BC teams. Wonder what will be their ranking if the lose the next 2 games and dont make the playoffs????

Im a Raceland fan and i think Fairview would beat Ashland. Ashland should be no higher than 7th . (at best)

  • Author
Im a Raceland fan and i think Fairview would beat Ashland. Ashland should be no higher than 7th . (at best)

 

:thumb:I agree. Not many would admit it, but it is true this year, in my opinion.

Im a Raceland fan and i think Fairview would beat Ashland. Ashland should be no higher than 7th . (at best)

 

 

:thumb:I agree. Not many would admit it, but it is true this year, in my opinion.

 

Fairview could not play with Ashland this season, Thomas has been a huge threat to many teams, and Fairview would just be one other team who could not stop the big plays.

3 Thoughest Schedules

1. Johnson Central

2. Ashland

3. Russell

Fairview could not play with Ashland this season, Thomas has been a huge threat to many teams, and Fairview would just be one other team who could not stop the big plays.

 

Ashland is terrible.

3 Thoughest Schedules

1. Johnson Central

2. Ashland

3. Russell

 

 

I don't know that you could call Russell's schedule overly tough.

 

Lewis, Ashland, Greenup, Boyd, Lawrence are pretty down this year.

 

Mason and Simon Kenton will probably be the toughest games the Devils will have.

 

West, East and Raceland are not to bad this year. But over all the schedule looks pretty weak to me.

 

Russell's opponents records are a combined 25-46 as of now.

 

Their last 3 opponents are a combined 14-7 so there is the tough part of the schedule.

Fairview could not play with Ashland this season, Thomas has been a huge threat to many teams, and Fairview would just be one other team who could not stop the big plays.

 

 

Not to take anything away from Matt Thomas, he is a great player, and a great person, but it takes more than one player to win a ballgame. There have been 6 teams that have beaten Ashland with Thomas, so saying Fairview couldn't beat them isn't being realistic. I think Ashland would beat Fairview, but Fairview could just as easily beat Ashland.

Is there one person that ranks the teams and their opinion is what goes in the paper?

As an Ashland fan I have to take up for the Tomcats, so with that being said... Does anyone think that Ashland has lost to a bad team and if so then who?

Is there one person that ranks the teams and their opinion is what goes in the paper?

 

 

See post #20. My guess is the people who vote on the predictions ever week in the paper is the same people who vote in the poll. I really have no idea, but that is my guess.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.