Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Independent's Super 7

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm not Kingfish, but I'll offer some teams for you.

 

Highlands

Cov Catholic (even though they're having a down year)

Ryle

Boone County

Newport Central Catholic

Beechwood

Dixie Heights

Campbell County

Holmes

 

Is that enough?

 

 

Are they all in the same class.......

 

Highlands 5A

Cov Cath 5A

Ryle 6A

Boone Co 6A

NCC 2A

Beechwood 1A

Dixie 5A

Campbell 6A

Holmes 5A

  • Replies 115
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

:thumb:No problem with the clarification, I probably could have clarified that better in my original post. But, now you throw in Beechwood. We were not talking about the other side of the state. Beechwood and Mayfield are definitely the top picks to make it to the championship game from that side of the bracket. And, we can agree on LCA being one of the four teams that have a chance from this part of the state.

 

If I had to pick the two teams that will play in the finals in 1A, right now, I would pick Pikeville and Beechwood. But, LCA and Mayfield would not surprise me either. Raceland, Hazard, and Frankfort would be my wild cards.

 

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely waht I was thinking Ram. I did not see a hint of a spin on your part. I feel the same way and pick the same teams as you right now. I wasn't aware that Mayfield and Beechwood had suddenly moved to the Eastern part of the state either?? :D:thumb:

:thumb:

 

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely waht I was thinking Ram. I did not see a hint of a spin on your part. I feel the same way and pick the same teams as you right now. I wasn't aware that Mayfield and Beechwood had suddenly moved to the Eastern part of the state either?? :D:thumb:

 

Same here. :ylsuper:

Beechwood is in northern Kentucky. It is not in western Kentucky. I believe you guys are hedging a little on your endorsements of Pikeville and Raceland. I don't recall mentioning Mayfield. As I said, I'll take LCA and Beechwood and give you boys Raceland and Pikeville.

 

I appreciate LRCW posting the teams from the greater Cincinnati area. His list kind of says it all. Actually, Highlands and CovCath should be enough. But, as you can see, there are others.

 

I do not intend to degrade the northeastern area schools. With a couple of exceptions, I wholeheartedly support all of them. However, I firmly believe that we must be realists. This is clearly a down year overall for teams in the northeastern area of the state. Even observers from Johnson Central and Russell will tell you that neither of these teams is close to the same level as they were last year.

 

I see no problem with being honest in our appraisals. Not everyone can be an X, or a T, or a Highlands. That is the real world and we need to live in it.

  • Author
Beechwood is in northern Kentucky. It is not in western Kentucky. I believe you guys are hedging a little on your endorsements of Pikeville and Raceland. I don't recall mentioning Mayfield. As I said, I'll take LCA and Beechwood and give you boys Raceland and Pikeville.

You are playing semantics. Of course, Beechwood is in Northern Kentucky, but they will be in the Western portion of the bracket. Thusly, Beechwood, Mayfield, and Frankfort will have to meet before the championship game, and only one of them will be in the championship game. These are the three best teams in 1A right now, so that leaves Eastern and Northeastern Kentucky to make up the other team to make it to the state championship, And the four teams that I mentioned are the ones who will do it. LCA is a valid choose, but the other three have a shot, and are the only teams that have a shot, in my opinion.

 

I have no stake in Pikeville, but I do think they are a good team.

You are playing semantics. Of course, Beechwood is in Northern Kentucky, but they will be in the Western portion of the bracket. Thusly, Beechwood, Mayfield, and Frankfort will have to meet before the championship game, and only one of them will be in the championship game. These are the three best teams in 1A right now, so that leaves Eastern and Northeastern Kentucky to make up the other team to make it to the state championship, And the four teams that I mentioned are the ones who will do it. LCA is a valid choose, but the other three have a shot, and are the only teams that have a shot, in my opinion.

 

I have no stake in Pikeville, but I do think they are a good team.

 

:ylsuper:

Highlands 5A

Cov Cath 5A

Ryle 6A

Boone Co 6A

NCC 2A

Beechwood 1A

Dixie 5A

Campbell 6A

Holmes 5A

 

 

I'd throw in Simon Kenton (6A) as well.

You are playing semantics. Of course, Beechwood is in Northern Kentucky, but they will be in the Western portion of the bracket. Thusly, Beechwood, Mayfield, and Frankfort will have to meet before the championship game, and only one of them will be in the championship game. These are the three best teams in 1A right now, so that leaves Eastern and Northeastern Kentucky to make up the other team to make it to the state championship, And the four teams that I mentioned are the ones who will do it. LCA is a valid choose, but the other three have a shot, and are the only teams that have a shot, in my opinion.

 

I have no stake in Pikeville, but I do think they are a good team.

 

:thumb::thumb:

You are playing semantics. Of course, Beechwood is in Northern Kentucky, but they will be in the Western portion of the bracket. Thusly, Beechwood, Mayfield, and Frankfort will have to meet before the championship game, and only one of them will be in the championship game. These are the three best teams in 1A right now, so that leaves Eastern and Northeastern Kentucky to make up the other team to make it to the state championship, And the four teams that I mentioned are the ones who will do it. LCA is a valid choose, but the other three have a shot, and are the only teams that have a shot, in my opinion.

 

I have no stake in Pikeville, but I do think they are a good team.

 

 

I never said Beechwood was in the east. I merely said that I would take Beechwood and LCA and give you guys Raceland and Pikeville. I do agree that it is a shame that the top teams in Class 1A are all in the west. Nonetheless, regardless of who is better, someone from the east must get there and I'll take LCA over the other two.

 

Actually, it would be a far better balance of power if Beechwood were in the east. The chances of getting the two best in the finals would be better.

  • Author
But, now you throw in Beechwood. We were not talking about the other side of the state. Beechwood and Mayfield are definitely the top picks to make it to the championship game from that side of the bracket.

If I had to pick the two teams that will play in the finals in 1A, right now, I would pick Pikeville and Beechwood. But, LCA and Mayfield would not surprise me either. Raceland, Hazard, and Frankfort would be my wild cards.

Beechwood is in northern Kentucky. It is not in western Kentucky.

You are playing semantics. Of course, Beechwood is in Northern Kentucky, but they will be in the Western portion of the bracket.

I never said Beechwood was in the east.

Your talking in circles.

No, I'm talking in specifics. Is Beechwood geographically in northern Kentucky or not? I assumed we were talking about who would make the finals. I said I would take LCA and Beechwood. You seem to like either Raceland or Pikeville from the east and Beechwood or Mayfield from the west.

 

I do think we can agree that, as with most classes, the east is much weaker than is the west in Class 1A. It would be a better balance if Beechwood were in the east. Actually, geographically speaking, it is closer to the east. The system needs to be adjusted a bit if the KHSAA wants a chance at the best possible matchups in Louisville.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.