Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Independent's Super 7

Featured Replies

  • Author
So.................is it the "Super 7" , the "So-So 7" or the Pretty Good 7" ?? :confused::D

 

I'll go with the "Pretty Good 4", the "Playing Hard 3", and the "May Surprise you 3". How's that for politically correct? It's new for me, but I am trying.:D

  • Replies 115
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I would say Ram forgot Ashland. He is a Ashland apologist :fire: so I find him leaving them off a bit shocking! :eek: LOL! :lol:

 

What the heck?

 

I have not spoke badly about any area school. I try to promote North-Eastern Kentucky Football. I have spoke kindly of Russell, Ashland, Greenup Co, Lawrence Co, East Carter, West Carter, Boyd Co, Fairview and of course Raceland. I have also been supportive of Lewis Co, Boyd Co, and Rowan Co.

 

I do think that Ashland has a good program as a whole, they are having trouble this season, and I don't think that is news to anyone. Ashland has lost to some good teams and lost some games that they could have won.

 

I didn't forget them in my version of the poll, I just don't think that they deserve to be there right now. Like I said, you have to win some games that you should not have won. East and West have done that. I also think that a team with one or two wins, at this point in the season, being put in the "Super 7" makes North-Eastern Kentucky football look pretty weak.

 

Strength of schedule, record, wins/losses in district play, overachieving, and head to head competition should all be factors in the poll, in my opinion. School size should not be a factor in my opinion.

Does anyone really know how they come up with this list? It sure is not based on win loss record. Does it have anything to do with what class they are in? No not that. How about who they think can beat the other. No can't be that because of the East West thing. What is the logic?

  • Author
Does anyone really know how they come up with this list? It sure is not based on win loss record. Does it have anything to do with what class they are in? No not that. How about who they think can beat the other. No can't be that because of the East West thing. What is the logic?

 

I don't know how they come up with it, but I wish they had some formula. I know it means nothing, but I would like to see a truthful attempt, or tell the readers how they come up it. I can live with the top three, and minus Ashland and Boyd Co. I can live with the the remainder in some logical manner.

My guess is that the sports staff probably just ranks the teams from 1-7 with the 1st place team getting 7 points, 2nd place getting 6 points, etc...... all the way to 7th place getting one point. They would then tally up all the points and have their ranking.

  • Author
My guess is that the sports staff probably just ranks the teams from 1-7 with the 1st place team getting 7 points, 2nd place getting 6 points, etc...... all the way to 7th place getting one point. They would then tally up all the points and have their ranking.

 

Nice well stated GUESS.:D

I'll go with the "Pretty Good 4", the "Playing Hard 3", and the "May Surprise you 3". How's that for politically correct? It's new for me, but I am trying.:D

 

:scared::scared:Ram.................You trying to be politically correct is almost as bad as me trying to take that on.... 'it ain't happening":lol:

 

Politically Correct Ram and OldRambler !! :scared:

 

There was a thread in gen. discussion on the end of time, this could be it!!! :eek::lol:

  • Author
:scared::scared:Ram.................You trying to be politically correct is almost as bad as me trying to take that on.... 'it ain't happening":lol:

 

Politically Correct Ram and OldRambler !! :scared:

 

There was a thread in gen. discussion on the end of time, this could be it!!! :eek::lol:

 

Your right. I was trying though.:D

Nice well stated GUESS.:D

 

 

Trust me, that's a guess. I have no idea, but it makes the most sense to me.

  • Author
Trust me, that's a guess. I have no idea, but it makes the most sense to me.

 

It sounds reasonable. And is probably correct, but sometimes I think there is just one person who does the "Super 7".

It sounds reasonable. And is probably correct, but sometimes I think there is just one person who does the "Super 7".

 

 

And who would that one person be?

Ashland has played against a lot of very tough teams, inculding Russell, Woodford Co., Montgomery Co., Raceland and Pikeville.

If they had played East, West, or Fairview Maybe they could have earned some easy wins and respect.

 

 

Much smaller schools also you have to remember that.

Much smaller schools also you have to remember that.

 

 

Yes, and that's probably the reason that the Independent has those teams ranked below Ashland despite having a better record. They probably believe that Ashland would beat those teams.

Yes, and that's probably the reason that the Independent has those teams ranked below Ashland despite having a better record. They probably believe that Ashland would beat those teams.

 

Probably correct but you can't state that because they haven't played each other, that's fine if they want to put Ashland there but the fact is it looks bad. Ashland will be lucky to make the playoffs anyhow.

Probably correct but you can't state that because they haven't played each other, that's fine if they want to put Ashland there but the fact is it looks bad. Ashland will be lucky to make the playoffs anyhow.

 

 

 

It looks bad to who? Let me ask you this. How many of the teams ranked below Ashland do you honestly feel would beat Ashland?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.