16th Region/District predictions

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes in basketball and track.

He was a role player but vastly improved his shooting range his senior year.

Would have started for any team in the region last year.

Elliott has 5 D-1's according to most on here, so he should not have been able to start for them.

Ashland was the last area team to have five D-1 players on the same team. That was in 1961 and actually there were six since Dale Sexton, the sixth man, played a couple of years at Morehead. Elliott County is a good team. However, they will never accomplish what that Ashland team accomplished. EC may win the 16th Region but they are not a threat to advance very far in Rupp Arena. The 1961 Ashland team won the state championship easily and also beat the state champions of Ohio, West Virginia, and Georgia.

No Sixteenth Region team has ever come close to that Ashland team. If Rose Hill had kept all of its talent, it could have done so possibly for a couple of years. However, as we all know, and as we are often reminded, that was not the case.

Don't know how many of them will actually get a D1 scholly, but four of them have been making unofficial visits and getting attention from D1 schools. People seems to think of the top 25 in the nation and the high profile players that get their scholarships and count some of the lesser but still good talent out. There are right at 301 other D1 school's!! And yes its still very hard to get one, but I hope they all make it maybe not likely you all say, but still possible!!!!!!!!!!!!! Springsteen Elliotts first game is Nov. 30th. In my own personal opinion:I think they have four.

Don't know how many of them will actually get a D1 scholly, but four of them have been making unofficial visits and getting attention from D1 schools. People seems to think of the top 25 in the nation and the high profile players that get their scholarships and count some of the lesser but still good talent out. There are right at 301 other D1 school's!! And yes its still very hard to get one, but I hope they all make it maybe not likely you all say, but still possible!!!!!!!!!!!!! Springsteen Elliotts first game is Nov. 30th. In my own personal opinion:I think they have four.

Well, I guess well see how those four D1 players stack up against the talent at Morgan County on Nov. 30th.

Elliott has 5 D-1's according to most on here, so he should not have been able to start for them.

I see 1 possibley 2 & of those 2 I think only 1 will stick it out. Great high school players but most likely 4 of them will end up NAIA type schools or maybe finish at NAIA type schools.

It's been a while!

Morgan County should be improved and healthier than last season. If I can recall, 6'4" Stephen Barnett went down with a knee injury, Derrick Young was injury plagued, and guard Logan May hasn't been healthy for 3 years.

Now, Barnett is 100% and Logan May has made a full recovery as well. Tyler Adkins was fresh off of 3 ACL cumulative surgeries before he was cleared to play last season, he will play and seems healthier.

Stephen Barnett 6'4" will man the post great wingspan, Brandon Ferguson 6'2"--played great last season and well in the district tournament could be the teams best playmaker, PG Cameron Dunn 6'2" has fully recovered from an ankle injury, Look for sophomore Mikie Fyffe 6'1" to provide perimeter scoring. 6'1" Tyler Adkins and 5'9" Logan May are gifted athletes and will make a difference...the key is health.

As always the Cougars will be fundamentally sound defensively.

For Elliott, I think if Timmy Knipp has the grades(I have no clue about his grades just saying that you do need good ones to get into alot of the top schools, for all I know he could be a 4.0 with a 36 on his ACT) and continues to improve, he will get a lot of very good scholarship offers to major programs. Read somewhere he's in the top 20 or so in his class, and wasn't he a guest at Big Blue Madness? Ferguson is most likely a Morehead St, Eastern KY, Marshall, or even a Western Kentucky type of player. With the new Morehead coach wanting more area talent, it's possible the Faulkners could get a look from them. Maybe at first as perferred walk ons, but I think they will atleast be recruited by the Eagles. Any others they have that want to play at the next level will definitely need to look for smaller levels such as KCU or Asbury.

Some of you guys crack me up. If you think one team, alone, in the 16th region has 4 D1 players on it, then you're out of your mind. Go outside of the 16th region and watch some basketball. You will see some D1 talent. People misjudge D1 talent too often. Most of the players we have in our region are NAIA, DII, or DIII type players. I guess if Elliot has 4 kids that our D1 then the rest of us need to throw in the towel.

For Elliott, I think if Timmy Knipp has the grades(I have no clue about his grades just saying that you do need good ones to get into alot of the top schools, for all I know he could be a 4.0 with a 36 on his ACT) and continues to improve, he will get a lot of very good scholarship offers to major programs. Read somewhere he's in the top 20 or so in his class, and wasn't he a guest at Big Blue Madness? Ferguson is most likely a Morehead St, Eastern KY, Marshall, or even a Western Kentucky type of player. With the new Morehead coach wanting more area talent, it's possible the Faulkners could get a look from them. Maybe at first as perferred walk ons, but I think they will atleast be recruited by the Eagles. Any others they have that want to play at the next level will definitely need to look for smaller levels such as KCU or Asbury.

Much more realistic analysis.