16th Region/District predictions

I agree!:thumb:

IMO, there has not been a 4th place district team win a region title in the state in many, many years. So enough with the cinderella/hoosier story crap, just let them end their season early (as expected). The first place team should be rewarded with the easiest team possible to play. The second place team should not have to play the best team in the district in the first round and both the 2nd & 3rd place teams have the same chance to advance with a great matchup.

Lastly, I don't know the money distributions from post season play, but I believe that would be the only reason why all districts don't want seeding. Their is a large payday if you make the region versus losing in the 1st round of district, thus why #3 & #4 teams dont want seeding. They want to play each other for a chance of the money from Regionals, not playing for championships.

I think Lewis Co. would highly disagree and blow your theory out of the water as well.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would Lewis Co. blow that theory out of the water? He said that there has not been a 4th place district team to win a regional title. Theory sounds right to me.

I think Coach Hampton is one of the best in the region. Not meaning to knock Lewis, just saying that Lewis hasn't won the region during the incredible run of upsets. Mr. March may get him one someday.

Well, to say that 3 or 4 seeds have no business being in the regional tournament makes no sense to me. Lewis has gone without being the 1 or 2. Frankly, I'm not defending the draw format. I'm simply saying that just because you are a 4 seed that doesn't mean that you have no shot. For example, let's use Ashland, RH, Boyd and Fairview as an example. I don't think that there's much argument that they all may have quality teams this season. So, what if the records are even? And with very close scores in each? You may have a 4 seed in RH for example that could have more than a fighting chance against any team from any other district in the region if they make the tournament. A blanket statement that 4's don't belong is wrong IMO. And arguing that teams are looking for a payday,,,,what does that matter? Of course all of the teams that make the region look forward to that, and if an AD has much sense, they would vote to give their school the best shot at that.

Seeding is the best and fairest way to go, because the 2 best teams in each district should be in the region, but drawing may be funner. You never know whose playing who all season. I think it makes you prepare different, and become a better team, because you are liable to draw any of the teams in your district. And really with no definite #2 in the region there will be plenty of quality teams in Morehead this year. But caution to those who are already slating teams in to the regional tournament, teams have been known to get upset in the first round of the district. It's just one game, and anyone could win on any given night.

What if they finish second to Elliot this year? Do high profile college commitments need to be at successful high profile programs? Will Dakotah and Chad be able to carry their team? Depth could be an issue at the Hill unless they have at least another scorer who can put up double figures. If Dakotah is going to play for UK, is there a chance he moves to a Lexington or Georgetown high school next year? Chad used to live in Lexington. Scott County could be an obvious choice. Playing at a successful, large high school program and the possibility of playing for a state championshp could be pretty good reasons.

Makes sense to me. In my opinion RH is far behind Elliott in the 16th.

What? BC will be awful, and Fview wont be much better.....

You must be dreaming/hoping GG...don't think BC will be awful.

They will be getting back 3 starters from last year as well as a new coach.

Think Springsteen#1 is more on track than you realize.

You must be dreaming/hoping GG...don't think BC will be awful.

They will be getting back 3 starters from last year as well as a new coach.

Think Springsteen#1 is more on track than you realize.

The only starter who is an above average ball player is Selby. Besides 3 returning starters surrounded by nothing else wont get you far....

No way are they far behind anyone in the 16th!

You have your opinion, I have mine. Elliott in the last 2 years has one Region Runner-Up, 1 Region Championship, and 1 win at Rupp. RH has yet to make a region tourney. RH needs more than Euton and Jackson. Everyone can say all they want about Arthur and Malloy or whoever else. Those players are unproven, especially in March.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Elliott in the last 2 years has one Region Runner-Up, 1 Region Championship, and 1 win at Rupp. RH has yet to make a region tourney. RH needs more than Euton and Jackson. Everyone can say all they want about Arthur and Malloy or whoever else. Those players are unproven, especially in March.

Valid observation. Rose Hill will not win any championships with two players. Nor will anyone else for that matter.

Calm down homers, all I am saying is that they aren't that much better than everyone else, I know you love your Lions, but they will not walk thru the region. I enjoy watching them play and probably will more than a few times this season, but they will have some compeptition in the 16th.