16th Region/District predictions

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those kids from Elliot are a special group. Easy pick for region favorites with Ashland and Rose Hill fighting for second. I love watching Elliot play. A very entertaining team to watch.

I'm excited to watch Rose Hill play again this year. I never came away too impressed with Euton or Jackson but maybe they can prove me wrong this year. UK has shown intrest in both so some great talent has to be there. Maybe I just went to bad games.

Boyd has Zornes back. That can be nothing but good for the Lions. Not really sure who they return other than Selby.

Most Athletic Player in the region is Matt Thomas.

Thomas is real athletic. I'd still take Ferguson over him any day of the week.

I think Matt's best attribute is the way he handles himself on the court. He's a very smart ball player.

MBWC41 Don't give the medals away yet,No doubt Elliott is the top of the rung but, unless there are some changes I think you may find Raceland, East and Fairview may be slightly ahead of the others named IMO

I watched several games this summer as well and I don't think that from what I saw that Raceland, East, or Fairview are pushovers by any means, but I wasn't terribly impressed with any of them. Each had players that shined, but nothing outstanding to me. However, we all know that sometimes there aren't the full complement of players in the summer, no head coach, etc. so, perhaps they don't mean that much at all. Here's looking forward to what should be a very exciting season in the 16th. As for Elliott, we'll see how wearing the bullseye suits them. They'll get everyone's best each and every night.

I think the mentality of the Elliott players would welcome the bullseye! It seems these kids want the other teams best shot & simply say back to the other team "get ready here comes our best back to you".You gotta love it regardless of what team you root for! Matter of fact, I was told one of the players brought up some sort of bullseye practice or warm up jersey idea early last spring but I do not know if anything come of it. So you see it will not bother them to much, if at all.

I think the mentality of the Elliott players would welcome the bullseye! It seems these kids want the other teams best shot & simply say back to the other team "get ready here comes our best back to you".You gotta love it regardless of what team you root for! Matter of fact, I was told one of the players brought up some sort of bullseye practice or warm up jersey idea early last spring but I do not know if anything come of it. So you see it will not bother them to much, if at all.

That's why they play the games!:D