16th Region/District predictions

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of a, shall we say, less than intelligent and more than foolish move by Rose Hill, the 64th District is seeded. Some, it seems, never learn.

I think that Rose Hill was smart to seed. They will be one of the top two teams in the district (some would argue the best) for the next several years.

This keeps them from playing a team that they shouldn't have to.

Blind draws are for people who do not have confidence in their school.

I agee. It is quiet unlikely that they will . I think they will move on to bigger and better schools . ;)

What bigger and better school are they going to move onto? Why would they move? Dakotah has verbally committed to Kentucky, Chad is being pursued by major D1 school daily. They are doing fine right where they are. Throw in a couple of 16th region titles over the next couple of years and they will be set.

What bigger and better school are they going to move onto? Why would they move? Dakotah has verbally committed to Kentucky, Chad is being pursued by major D1 school daily. They are doing fine right where they are. Throw in a couple of 16th region titles over the next couple of years and they will be set.

What if they finish second to Elliot this year? Do high profile college commitments need to be at successful high profile programs? Will Dakotah and Chad be able to carry their team? Depth could be an issue at the Hill unless they have at least another scorer who can put up double figures. If Dakotah is going to play for UK, is there a chance he moves to a Lexington or Georgetown high school next year? Chad used to live in Lexington. Scott County could be an obvious choice. Playing at a successful, large high school program and the possibility of playing for a state championshp could be pretty good reasons.

Wildcatfan sees the writing on the wall, its tough to improve against 8th graders everyday, and nothing against Chad I have had the pleasure of speaking to the young man a few times and he seems like a great kid, but if he can't hit the 15 footer it really doen't matter

As much as a lot of people in this region would like to see Dakotah and Chad transfer, and I have no clue what the future holds, I think they can be very successful at Rose Hill. Fuller, Malloy, and Arthur can start at any school in this region. Two years ago the talk was they would never start high school at RH. Unless you're a member of their family you really don't know and neither do I.

As much as a lot of people in this region would like to see Dakotah and Chad transfer, and I have no clue what the future holds, I think they can be very successful at Rose Hill. Fuller, Malloy, and Arthur can start at any school in this region. Two years ago the talk was they would never start high school at RH. Unless you're a member of their family you really don't know and neither do I.

Can any of those 3 put up double figures if a team shuts Dakotah or Chad down or if they have a bad shooting game or get into foul trouble? Would they start at Elliot Co. over Knipp, Faulkner twins, and others? What year are Fuller an Arthur in? In my opinion a good team needs a solid starting five plus two strong bench players.

It is always a good sign when posters from the other schools start the transfer rumors. I would suggest that it is a combination of wishful thinking and concern about what that nasty private school may do in the coming years to all the local government schools.

From the way Rose Hill's middle school teams have performed the last few years, it would appear that the school's best years may well start when Euton and Jackson move on to their respective D-1 schools.

I don't care who plays who, it's almost always a battle in the 16th! Rose Hill will be a tough out as will Elliott, Raceland, East, Boyd etc, and many others by tournament time.

Example: Lewis Co has the rep. of being 8-14 in regular season and somehow at district time they pull it off.. Not knocking them they just always seem to be ready when it really counts.

What if they finish second to Elliot this year? Do high profile college commitments need to be at successful high profile programs? Will Dakotah and Chad be able to carry their team? Depth could be an issue at the Hill unless they have at least another scorer who can put up double figures. If Dakotah is going to play for UK, is there a chance he moves to a Lexington or Georgetown high school next year? Chad used to live in Lexington. Scott County could be an obvious choice. Playing at a successful, large high school program and the possibility of playing for a state championshp could be pretty good reasons.

My thoughts exactly. Mayo went on to bigger and better things. So:D