Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I think we are scheduled to play Campbell County (purple) again this weekend in the tourney they are having, hoping for a little better out-come. Maybe better prepared for that 3-2 press they used.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I think we are scheduled to play Campbell County (purple) again this weekend in the tourney they are having, hoping for a little better out-come. Maybe better prepared for that 3-2 press they used.

 

I am imagining they put Mcgovney up on that press and he snatches balls out of nowhere. I know he was very effective in AAU ball on presses. Highlands/CC over past couple years has been a strained relationship at best so it should be a big game for the Birds on the 29th of this month.

I am imagining they put Mcgovney up on that press and he snatches balls out of nowhere. I know he was very effective in AAU ball on presses. Highlands/CC over past couple years has been a strained relationship at best so it should be a big game for the Birds on the 29th of this month.

 

Yes, he was and we gave up some easy baskets before we could adjust.

  • Author
Yes, he was and we gave up some easy baskets before we could adjust.

 

I am now remembering the group from Bracken. We played them in a BCI tourney I think. Solid team with a couple kids that really stood out. Very nice group of fans as well. Good luck to you guys down there.

Bracken County played in Harrison County this past weekend in a tourney.

The 7th grade beat Pendleton by 1 in over-time and Williamstown by double digits on Saturday. Lost to Campbell county by 1 in over-time on Sunday. Is McGovney #20 tall, and handles the ball if so he is a good player, also was that Mike Conway from Mason County coaching Campbell's 7th grade?

 

Pendleton 7th Grade won the Tournament beating Campbell Co in the Finals by 9. Bracken has a fine team but caught Pendleton at the right time. It was Bracken's 15th game and Pendleton's 1st. PC boys did not get home till around midnight also as they were in attendence at the UC/Belmont Game.

PC put it together on Sunday. Pendleton and Harrison are playing in the Williamstown tournament this weekend.

Pendleton 7th Grade won the Tournament beating Campbell Co in the Finals by 9. Bracken has a fine team but caught Pendleton at the right time. It was Bracken's 15th game and Pendleton's 1st. PC boys did not get home till around midnight also as they were in attendence at the UC/Belmont Game.

PC put it together on Sunday. Pendleton and Harrison are playing in the Williamstown tournament this weekend.

 

Sorry to correct you but it was Brackens 7th game. Look forward to playing you again in the future.

Meece Middle (Somerset) swept the 6th, 7th and 8th grade contests at Lincoln County Middle to open up their season Tuesday night.

I had heard the other night that Lincoln County beat Lexington Catholic in 7th over the weekend.

 

Georgetown Middle has hosted a pre-season event all week. Madison Middle 7th has been the most impressive, beating both Royal Spring and Scott County Middle. Both 8th grade teams at Royal Spring and Scott County easily beat Madison. Catholic beat Georgetown Middle in 7th, but GMS won the 8th grade. GMS hosts Lexington Christian tonight in the last games of the classic.

I had heard the other night that Lincoln County beat Lexington Catholic in 7th over the weekend.

 

Georgetown Middle has hosted a pre-season event all week. Madison Middle 7th has been the most impressive, beating both Royal Spring and Scott County Middle. Both 8th grade teams at Royal Spring and Scott County easily beat Madison. Catholic beat Georgetown Middle in 7th, but GMS won the 8th grade. GMS hosts Lexington Christian tonight in the last games of the classic.

I heard from the parents at Lincoln Co. that their 7th grade team beat Mercer Co. and Lexington Catholic.

It should be a good weekend for MS basketball with the Campbell County tourney and Williamstown going on. I will be traveling back and forth to both. Should be some good ball.

 

Williamstown - Pendleton, Harrison, Conner, Wolfpack AAU, Others??

 

Campbell - Campbell, Bracken, Others I am not sure of.

Sorry to correct you but it was Brackens 7th game. Look forward to playing you again in the future.

 

Sorry PC85 that was what I was told this weekend. I think you get

my point. Let us know how you guys do this weekend in Alexandria.

I also was impressed with your 8th grade team. I am sure we will hook up again and we will be better prepared.;)

It should be a good weekend for MS basketball with the Campbell County tourney and Williamstown going on. I will be traveling back and forth to both. Should be some good ball.

 

Williamstown - Pendleton, Harrison, Conner, Wolfpack AAU, Others??

 

Campbell - Campbell, Bracken, Others I am not sure of.

 

Who else is playing in Alexandria and Williamstown?

Sorry PC85 that was what I was told this weekend. I think you get

my point. Let us know how you guys do this weekend in Alexandria.

I also was impressed with your 8th grade team. I am sure we will hook up again and we will be better prepared.;)

 

:thumb:

Sorry PC85 that was what I was told this weekend. I think you get

my point. Let us know how you guys do this weekend in Alexandria.

I also was impressed with your 8th grade team. I am sure we will hook up again and we will be better prepared.;)

 

How did Bracken's 8th grade do in the Harrison County tourney? They supposedly have a transfer from Mason County. The Bracken victory over Pendleton was shocking as Pendleton I believe beat them handily as 6th graders. They probably won't play again the rest of the season as scheduled. Did any of their players move up to JV?

If you can't figure out a way to get 10 kids into a game (not equally) then you're not doing your job as a middle school b-ball coach. I don't keep kids that can't help me and that cannot compete. They all play .

 

I can't stand coaches that play one or two kids off the bench. Its got to be a balance between development and winning. We're trying to get these boys ready for high school basketball and playing 7 guys when the game is still tight is NOT preparing the boys.

 

If winning is a coach's focus, coach AAU.

 

I can tell you dont coach in Scott County by your last comment....busted :)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.