Highlands 44 Dixie 14

Birdsfan

I think you are correct. I don't remeber seing him playing any defense in the first half or did I just miss him.

I don't think he played at all on either side of the ball until that last drive before halftime.

I think the FG was 48 yards and looked like it would have been good from 58:eek:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he played at all on either side of the ball until that last drive before halftime.

I think the FG was 48 yards and looked like it would have been good from 58:eek:

Yea, I was in the endzone where he kicked it and it had PLENTY of room to spare. What a great weapon. Even against the strong wind he was putting the ball into the endzone. Any reason Clay didn't play early.

Clay didn't play early in the game because he has been sick all week. Tony did a good job filling in for him but you have something else to think about with Clay in the game.

Thought Tony G. did a nice job filling in. First two series were TD's. I really liked the SHORT pass to the TE in the flat and let the big guy pick up some nice yards after the catch. I believe they ran that play for a TD late in the game.

Here comes the Highlands cockieness. And if I am Dixie I would not consider this a great game.:rolleyes:

I hate it, but they earned it so let them have their fun. If the colonels don't like it then next time step up and make a play! We had our chances. It should have been 21-14 at half but it wasn't. We miss the kick and then let a WR BEHIND US TO PICK UP 45 YARDS ON ONE PLAY! Instead of a lead going into the half, we now trail 17 - 7. That was probably the biggest turning point in the game. Dixie never recovered IMO.

Sandman, gotta agree with you on Dixie making a play. Did not see it tonight on either side of the ball. Could have been tied at half, but a missed op on offense and a big let down on defense and you go to locker room down 10.

BIRDS OL dominated most of the night. HUGE holes and great running by the backs once they got downfield. Defense was great. Caused problems all night. Bathiany's 48 yd FG was a thing of beauty. Downside was about a 100 yards in penalties.

Dixie, I like the new field. Hate the visitors seating. Can they make it any lower. Could barely see the action.

Good job and lets get the next one. Go BIRDS.

Anyone have stats yet? I'm waiting to see how many yards Dixie had in the air. I'm betting it is a lot less than last week. I'm also betting there Dixie receiver sitting down to a nice big plate of crow tonight.

Actually no, the birds couldn't cover Detmer. Why they never went long when he was one on one on the outside I don't know, it was open most of the night and there is no way the safety could've rotated over in time. Instead did hitches and slants, but what hurt most of all where the dropped balls by the open receivers. I only remember one interception, and that was by a HHS LB. Other than that most of the incompletions were because of badly thrown balls and dropped passes, the routes were open.