Highlands 44 Dixie 14

Birdsfan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win birds. You deserved it. The onside kick was a stroke of genius.

C'mon bro... Its not too tough of a decision when you have a 24-7 lead and a gusting wind at your back in the 4th quarter. It was a solid call, but genius??? I don't think so man.

Yea, I was in the endzone where he kicked it and it had PLENTY of room to spare. What a great weapon. Even against the strong wind he was putting the ball into the endzone. Any reason Clay didn't play early.

That FG was with the wind.....a very strong wind I might add. But a great kick, nonetheless.

I still have no idea what Spritzky had them doing on D. To let a guy get over top with 16 seconds left in the first half is rediculous. O'Brien had at least 5 yards on the closest Dixie db. I still think...I still know Highlands wins this game if it didn't happen....but it was a huge momentum booster going into the locker room.

Anyone have stats yet? I'm waiting to see how many yards Dixie had in the air. I'm betting it is a lot less than last week. I'm also betting there is a Dixie receiver sitting down to a nice big plate of crow tonight.

Don't have any Dixie stats, but I do have some Bluebirds' stats...

Josh Conner 17 carries, 141 yards, TD

1-1 passing for a 77 yard TD

3 receptions for 23 yards

Zach Hurtt 8 carries, 102 yards, 2 TDs

Clay Cecil 7 carries, 61 yards, TD

passing yards ??? 1 TD to Trey Jurgens

Not really. I only wish that when the loud mouths get in these threads that there was an easy way to identify the ones who are here just to stir up trouble.

I wanted to hook up with some of my fellow BGP'ers tonight but got a late start. I did see the bird bus though. Very nice.

I had a good time watching the game and analyzing everything with ya SM

Anyone have stats yet? I'm waiting to see how many yards Dixie had in the air. I'm betting it is a lot less than last week. I'm also betting there is a Dixie receiver sitting down to a nice big plate of crow tonight.

I think he's still trying to put his jersey back on !:p One on one , NO WAY ! Two on one , still made plays , Three on one , Ya got him ! Give EJ some credit , he plays hard and doesn't back down ! Highlands does have the BEST COACHES IN NKY ! Maybe the state ! :thumb: You have a very good TEAM that plays hard . Congrats Birds on a good win ! I'll take my Crow with HOT SAUCE !!!:p :lol:

I think iy was more like a 20 yard punt with a 40 yard roll! The birds need to field more punts, not just in this game but the last few games.:thumb: :thumb:

:confused: Most of Jett's punts travel 40 yards in the air. The one ended up being around 68 yards. It went around 45 to 50 yards in the air and rolled the remaining 18 to 23 yards. He's been amazing punting the ball this year.

C'mon bro... Its not too tough of a decision when you have a 24-7 lead and a gusting wind at your back in the 4th quarter. It was a solid call, but genius??? I don't think so man.

Wrong Quarter btw! If the call was made by someone other than Dale, would it then be genius then? Ahhh because it was!

Very gutty performance by Clay Cecil. But that's what we've become accustomed to with those boys! Alex Hempfling was just a road grader tonite! He was owning whoever they rotated in there and when he and Luke Stein pulled...well let's just say that where the SMASH in smashmouth football comes from! Let's "Hang a Half a Hundred by Halftime" on the Blue Colonels and let the young 'uns play out the rest next Saturday!!

The entire O-line did an awesome job this evening. They should get the game ball(s). The QBs had all day to throw the ball, the RB's had some nice holes to run, eh plow through. My favorite part of the O-line tonight was their awesome blocking down field. Nice job to the men in the trenches!

The Dixie sports complex is unmatched in Northern Kentucky. The BEST facility this side of Commonwealth Stadium! I sat with the Dixie folks this evening, ALL were very nice folks to enjoy a high school game with. As mentioned earlier, the PA announcer was great... can we borrow him for our next home game?

I think he's still trying to put his jersey back on !:p One on one , NO WAY ! Two on one , still made plays , Three on one , Ya got him ! Give EJ some credit , he plays hard and doesn't back down ! Highlands does have the BEST COACHES IN NKY ! Maybe the state ! :thumb: You have a very good TEAM that plays hard . Congrats Birds on a good win ! I'll take my Crow with HOT SAUCE !!!:p :lol:

I'm sorry, but I must have seen a different game tonight. When Collinsworth went with press coverage, Detmer couldn't get off the line. When he gave him a 10 yards cushion, he was catching the quick slants. The deep pass he caught was due to the safety jumping too early. And if I was Spritzky, I would've told him to take a seat in the 3rd quarter. He gave absolutely zero effort late in the 3rd quarter and in the 4th on defense.

As for the game, Highlands speed and toughness was too much for Dixie. They simply outplay and out coached Dixie. Offensively, I thought Spritzky had a good game plan going into the game with the quick passes and runs to keep Highlands' offense off the field. However, after half, Dale made the adjustments and Tom didn't. Dixie came out trying to run the same 10 plays they ran in the first half, and Highlands was ready for every single one of them. Granted, Molony did break a couple in the second half, but when you run the same play 20 times, it's bound to work once or twice. Seriously, do they only have 10 offensive plays? Defensively, Dixie was pushed off the line almost every play, and they couldn't tackle. Their tackling was horrible. I had the pleasure of sitting with some of the most obnoxious Highlands' fans and even though we argued some of the flags, we at least agreed on the points above.

Wrong Quarter btw! If the call was made by someone other than Dale, would it then be genius then? Ahhh because it was!

I know what quarter it was....It was midway thru the third quarter just after Clay punched in the touchdown run....after Bricking's INT to Crothers. I was merely pointing out that Highlands had the wind in the 4th if the onside kick didn't go their way. Dixie's only shot was in the 3rd with the wind.....the deep passing game didn't have a chance in the 4th quarter.

It was worth a try with a big lead... To put the game away.

Like I said before though, calling it genius was giving way too much credit

I still have no idea what Spritzky had them doing on D. To let a guy get over top with 16 seconds left in the first half is rediculous. O'Brien had at least 5 yards on the closest Dixie db. I still think...I still know Highlands wins this game if it didn't happen....but it was a huge momentum booster going into the locker room.

#6 (Haggerty I think) bit on an underneath route leaving a cushion between him and the other deep back, and Cecil laid the ball in there nicely. He got an earfull from both Spritzky and Sorrell when he got over to the sideline.