Highlands 44 Dixie 14

Birdsfan

Sandman, gotta agree with you on Dixie making a play. Did not see it tonight on either side of the ball. Could have been tied at half, but a missed op on offense and a big let down on defense and you go to locker room down 10.

BIRDS OL dominated most of the night. HUGE holes and great running by the backs once they got downfield. Defense was great. Caused problems all night. Bathiany's 48 yd FG was a thing of beauty. Downside was about a 100 yards in penalties.

Dixie, I like the new field. Hate the visitors seating. Can they make it any lower. Could barely see the action.

Good job and lets get the next one. Go BIRDS.

Yeah the Birds O line were great, though after you went up 14 we shut it down. It was only after two turnovers deep in the redzone and the missed field goal that HHS moved the ball at all. The second half was all HHS. I wanted to go down on the field and shake somebody, and the ex-players I was with wanted to go down and suit up. It was painful to watch how badly HHS dominated us in the second half. Most of the football alum's couldn't take watching it until the end.

BTW - whoever designed the seating ought to give back some of the money they made I agree. I like the separate concessions but they needed to raise them about ten feet.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have stats on Dixie, but only big play they had should have been an INT if the DB times his jump better. Good play by 80 to keep eye on it and haul it in. 21 had 2/3 nice carries, but for most of the night was held in check.Birds got a couple of nice TO's, but left a couple get through their hands as well. Birds backs probably ran for 300 yards on the night.

Sandman, gotta agree with you on Dixie making a play. Did not see it tonight on either side of the ball. Could have been tied at half, but a missed op on offense and a big let down on defense and you go to locker room down 10.

BIRDS OL dominated most of the night. HUGE holes and great running by the backs once they got downfield. Defense was great. Caused problems all night. Bathiany's 48 yd FG was a thing of beauty. Downside was about a 100 yards in penalties.

Dixie, I like the new field. Hate the visitors seating. Can they make it any lower. Could barely see the action.

Seemed like a lot of penalties. Because of the poor visibility of the seats we couldn't tell if they were warranted. MB you're right, HHS O-Line was on fire tonight. Great game Birds. Lets pour it on em next week:dancingpa

Birds have to cut down on penelties...I don't know if they were deserved or not and I don't really care...All I know is the only thing that kept Dixie in the game was the six...THAT'S RIGHT...six 3rd down conversions Dixie got after the Birds had stopped them, thanks to those little yellow flags. Stop the penelties guys and you can't be stopped!

Do not know for sure, but I heard the visitors side elevation was screwed up during construction. If thats not true, it is a good cover up for a poor design. I do agree that overall they have a very nice facility.:D

Birds have to cut down on penelties...I don't know if they were deserved or not and I don't really care...All I know is the only thing that kept Dixie in the game was the six...THAT'S RIGHT...six 3rd down conversions Dixie got after the Birds had stopped them, thanks to those little yellow flags. Stop the penelties guys and you can't be stopped!

I believe an HHS TD was called back too. Well maybe not I can't remember. I wouldn't put all the blame on the players for the flags.

Seemed like a lot of penalties. Because of the poor visibility of the seats we couldn't tell if they were warranted. MB you're right, HHS O-Line was on fire tonight. Great game Birds. Lets pour it on em next week:dancingpa

The pass interference calls most of the time were from face guarding. The DB's would have their back to the reciever and the ball would come down or they would actually be going for an illegal downfield chuck (ie.. over 5 yards down field) and it would be about the same time the ball was coming to the reciever.

The ref's did a good job IMO. Not sure if everything was right, but then again I'm not sure it ever is. They were not a factor in the game IMO which is all that matters to me.:D

I believe an HHS TD was called back too. Well maybe not I can't remember. I wouldn't put all the blame on the players for the flags.

Yes it was a very nice effort by the RB too, but a holding call that probably wouldn't have effected the play was called. I didn't see it but judging on where the flag was I doubt that it would have impacted the play.

The pass interference calls most of the time were from face guarding. The DB's would have their back to the reciever and the ball would come down or they would actually be going for an illegal downfield chuck (ie.. over 5 yards down field) and it would be about the same time the ball was coming to the reciever.

The ref's did a good job IMO. Not sure if everything was right, but then again I'm not sure it ever is. They were not a factor in the game IMO which is all that matters to me.:D

I am not saying the refs were a big factor, I am saying the penelties were a big factor. Dixie got to keep the ball six times after the Birds had stopped them. (I think five times in the first half) That makes a big difference in the game.

The one interference call late in the game, I think was really funny. The Dixie receiver ran into two Highlands defenders with his back turned to the ball just as it arrived. None of the three reacted to the ball. It was like all three had their eyes closed.

I am not saying the refs were a big factor, I am saying the penelties were a big factor. Dixie got to keep the ball six times after the Birds had stopped them. (I think five times in the first half) That makes a big difference in the game.

The one interference call late in the game, I think was really funny. The Dixie receiver ran into two Highlands defenders with his back turned to the ball just as it arrived. None of the three reacted to the ball. It was like all three had their eyes closed.

Late in the game my eyes were hemorrhaging so you might be right.:D I guess you are right about the penalties. Quite a few times drives were kept alive due to Pass Interfernce calls, but almost all of those were legit. They were a result of the db's getting beat in coverage and not getting their heads around when the ball came in. I agree that if the birds don't help us that maybe we do and maybe we don't convert. I think Sprtizky had a great game plan for the first half. The second half was all Dale IMO.

GREAT place to play, Dixie should be very prod of their field and team:ylsuper: :ylsuper: . Visitors stands are pretty low:irked: :irked: , with a place like that I thought the visitors side would be better. I had to go over to the home side to film.:sssh: :sssh: Great win BIRDS!!!:thumb: :thumb:

Enjoy it tonight because tomorrow starts Cov Cath week.

GO BIRDS!!!

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

What do the Blue Birds have to do to get a little competition around here?

Great game for both teams.

Wow, what a short memory... I guess the stink after having your noses rubbed in the "bird doo" by CCH last year has "flown away". Not a CCH fan, just don't like short memories. I love what the HHS program does, but nothing lasts forever, no matter who you are. Everybody, and I mean everybody loves to see the giant go down.