Would you vote for this person?

HHSDad

Would you vote for a qualified candidate that was...  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for a qualified candidate that was...

• Jewish
    • An Atheist
    • Black
    • Catholic
    • A homosexual
    • A woman
    • Mormon
    • Hispanic
    • Seventy-two years of age
    • Married for the third time

Does it really matter what a person's personal life is, if they can get the job done?

I think it does. It's a good indication of how they're going to promote certain issues that I feel are important. Moral charactor in one's personal life is also an indication of one's public life.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it really matter what a person's personal life is, if they can get the job done? .

I think it does. You well know that I put family very high on my list of priorities. A person like Rudy G who has consistently shown an inability to keep his family together, hasn't he been married 3 times, I think shows a lack of something. Either poor judgement, rushing to judgement, lack of commitment, something. I think CONSISTENT failure in your private life is a indication of your ability to do a job.

One divorce is another thing but when you consistently fail at something, it speaks.

As far as religious faiths, I could not support a candidate that openly does not believe in Jesus Christ and his lifestyle would be a model standing in contrast to the model that Jesus Christ wants his followers to live. (For those of you ready to Christian bash, NOTICE I said the life Jesus Christ wants us to live AND NOT the way Christians live today.:p )

As far as homosexuality, I think that is a lifestyle harmful to this country.

I had to think about the elder statesman, but ended up giving him the thumbs up.

I had more trouble with the thrice married candidate, mainly because I was thinking thrice divorced. Thrice divorced would give me pause because of my concern for the candidate's toughing it out through hard times or just being a slimebag.

What ques do you look for to determine if they are qualified?

A few in no particular order.

1) How will they handle the fiscal issues of the Federal Government?

2) What is their view on Social Issues

3) What are their views on Education

4) What is their view on the US position in Global issues (economic, aid, humanitarian, military)

I believe an oath could be made without the Bible.

Would that exclude you from voting for a Jewish person?

I don't honestly know enough about the Jewish religion, to offer an opinion. I believe the Torah and Talmud, are doctrine.

I would have to exclude them, if they didn't believe in God....just my personal opinion.

I don't honestly know enough about the Jewish religion, to offer an opinion. I believe the Torah and Talmud, are doctrine.

I would have to exclude them, if they didn't believe in God....just my personal opinion.

They believe in God; they don't believe that Jesus was the Son of God.

What about a Muslim? They believe in Allah.

A few in no particular order.

1) How will they handle the fiscal issues of the Federal Government?

2) What is their view on Social Issues

3) What are their views on Education

4) What is their view on the US position in Global issues (economic, aid, humanitarian, military)

All those are important issues to be examined but are also subject to campaign rhetoric. I think looking at a candidates personal life gives us a view of his character that we can use to guage the integrity of his promises.

All those are important issues to be examined but are also subject to campaign rhetoric. I think looking at a candidates personal life gives us a view of his character that we can use to guage the integrity of his promises.

I disagree. Personally, I think Jimmy Carter is one of the best men to ever hold the office, but critics tout his as one of the worst president's in history. I feel his integrity, morals and ethics are beyond reproach, but that didn't help him in his role as President.

I think that a "business-like" mind is needed in the office of President. I know of quite a few highly successful persons in business that I don't necessarily think much of when looking at their personal lives. It's rarely the nice guy who finishes first, because they can't separate their heart from their logic.