Strangest game you have been to

GoBigRed

I wanted to start a thread about the strangest game you have ever been to. I know a few years back Mayfield was playing Fulton City at Fulton City, which is right next to the train tracks and I think it was nearing 8PM one night and apparently that is when the train comes through and for a big chunk of that quarter the two teams played on through with a train coming through, it was pretty strange I must say.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn Camp vs Middlesboro a few years ago, the game was on live tv (wymt).While watching the game on tv a huge fog rolled in and covered the playing field, impossibe to see anything. Talked to someone after the game that was there, they said it was actually worse at the game. The teams played on (don't know how though).

The Newcath / Danville Championship game last year . Talk about a game full of emotional highs and lows for both teams . Very strange and very exciting .

Took the words right out of my mouth. If you think it was strange watching it, imagine playing in it... is awesomeness a word?:sssh:

My Senior night the officials ended up at Lawrence Co Ohio instead of Lawrence Co KY. The game was delayed. Finally they decided to let one of the assistants for our school, East Carter's head coaches dad and a couple of other guys officiate the game. It was one of the most physical games I've ever seen with several mini fights. With a couple of minutes remaining Dwayne Barber from East Carter reversed his field in the backfield with pursuit chasing. One of Lawrence Co's players dove at him and missed but hit the coaches dad that was officiating right in the knee sideways. It was awful! It bent his ankle up by his hip. There was also a scrap on the sideline during that play so they ended the game with a couple of minutes left on the clock. It was a wild one to say the least!

I played on a field in St. Louis once, they had barbed wire hangers to tell you the yard line and a set of stands that looked like they were the built in the 20's.:lol: I was lead blocking for a kickoff return and exploded into one of the opposing teams players head on. The contact stopped my momentum cold but forced him to fly up and backwards about 5 yards. He landed to the right just in time for the ball carrier to collide with him and fall to the ground. :D

Breathitt Co./Lawrence Co. Regional final in 1998. The Bobcats had their 42 game win streak snapped by Lawrence in the Region finals in '97 so they were out for revenge. Sometime into the game a heavy fog rolled in and you literally couldn't see the field. I also remember wearing shorts at the game because it was probably in the mid-60's temp. wise. It was a very strange game.

When Manual played Eastern in 03, they seemed to have the game won at the half. They had just come off one of the arguably biggest (as in 'big deal', not score margin) wins EVER, against Trinity (a strange game in itself to some T fans I'd bet), and they were looking at what was likely to be a 40-0 game, when all the heart just dropped from Manual and went straight to Eastern who went and pulled off one of the biggest comebacks I had ever seen.