Strangest game you have been to

GoBigRed

The Sheldon Clark- Leslie game a couple of years ago was wild. Leslie was amazing and I still think could have given Belfry a game for the region. Leslie was torching SC, but SC came back. game ended on Leslies quarterback throwing the ball for a touchdown but he was past the line of scrimmage.....wild

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lloyd/Belfry Sate Semi was pretty wild. I'll give it my vote with the Homer tag... :D

I made the drive up to Erlanger from Garrard County that night. Got off work late, snowed the whole way, took forever to park and was absolutely freezing. But I loved it!

I made the drive up to Erlanger from Garrard County that night. Got off work late, snowed the whole way, took forever to park and was absolutely freezing. But I loved it!

Amazing game and atmosphere that absolutely broke my heart... :cry: :lol:

Ft. Campbell and Cathlic two years playing for reigion title. it was when Ft. Campbell had all those seniors and OC did to. it was a very good game. Falcons lost by three but was one of the best games i have ever seen

Breathitt Co./Lawrence Co. Regional final in 1998. The Bobcats had their 42 game win streak snapped by Lawrence in the Region finals in '97 so they were out for revenge. Sometime into the game a heavy fog rolled in and you literally couldn't see the field. I also remember wearing shorts at the game because it was probably in the mid-60's temp. wise. It was a very strange game.

I coached in the 97 game and was at the 98 game. I remember being at the 98 game with a friend from Breathitt and they scored. He told us to hold our ears and the cannon shook us. I took my hands off my ears and he forgot to tell us it shoots twice. We went to the Ohio State game the next day and my ears were still buzzing! That was a crazy fog that night though.

For me it was probably the Danville/Holy Cross playoff game a few years back. HC had the lead and the ball and decided to go for it on 4th down and less than a yard on the HC side of the field with very little time left on the clock. I remember all the Ads fans being shocked (to put it mildly) that HC didn't punt. HC went for it. They didn't make it. The Ads got the ball. The Ads won the game.

Must have been ten years ago at an Owen County Frankfort High game. The officiating was pitiful and towards the end of the game Frankfort had a player injured. The head coach and trainer went to check on the player and by the time they left the field the head coach, trainer, and a player had all been ejected. This all happened on a play in which Owen had scored, so after all penalties had been enforced Owen kicked off from the 15 yard line with FHS's front five on the 5 yard line.

Must have been ten years ago at an Owen County Frankfort High game. The officiating was pitiful and towards the end of the game Frankfort had a player injured. The head coach and trainer went to check on the player and by the time they left the field the head coach, trainer, and a player had all been ejected. This all happened on a play in which Owen had scored, so after all penalties had been enforced Owen kicked off from the 15 yard line with FHS's front five on the 5 yard line.

What a great time for an onside kick!

I thought that was Campbellsville??? I think I was the ball boy that game.