Strangest game you have been to

GoBigRed

The Beechwood quarterback took a safety in that game, right? But he threw the ball in the air in celebration and Murray recovered it in the endzone. Somebody help me out on that...

Yes, BUT, one of the officials blew his whistle, causing the play to be dead (giving Murray the safety) and THEN the QB threw the ball in the air.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, BUT, one of the officials blew his whistle, causing the play to be dead (giving Murray the safety) and THEN the QB threw the ball in the air.

I wasn't there. I just know there was TONS of controversy. It was even shown on CBS during a college broadcast the next day.

Two Games from last year.

Ncc Vs Beechwood Playoffs last year.

Beechwood down by less than a touchdown and was drivng on Ncc late in the fourth Quarter. Im pretty sure it was 1st and goal, Beechwood actually got into the endzone twice and both were called back by penalties. Ncc ended up winning that game.

Ncc Vs Danville (State Championship Game last year)

Everyone knows that storby by now.

The strangest thing I've ever seen is Russell score 35 points on Estill in less than three minutes at the start of the game. It was 35-0 at 7:45 PM.

I remember doing the math, figuring at this rate Russell would score over 100 points, but Ivan had subs in at about that point.

the final game of the 1999 season North Bullitt traveled to Atherton. The game was on Halloween night, but the night before some Atherton students cilmbed the light poles and aimed each individual light straight up, leaving the field in darkness, even with the lights on. This of course wasn't discovered until right before the game and both teams (and few fans) packed up and went to North Bullitt to play the game.

Atherton won 62-8 in Gary Weiter's last game as Atherton's head coach.

Other "electric" games:

1988, Male and Waggener played an exciting mid-season game that ended in a 41 all tie. Just as Male scored on it's OT possession, the lights at Waggener shorted our in a spectacular display, caused by a couple little kids swinging on the support wires going from the ground to the light pole. They were unable to re-start the game and both teams decided to not restart it unless it determined a playoff spot, which it ended up not doing.

1971, top-ranked Thomas Jefferson traveled to winless Durrett (two schools no longer open in the Louisville area) for a late aseason game. TJ had won 66-0 the previous year, and predictably was pounding the Demons, 50-0 at half. As the teams were leaving the field at halftime, the lights on one side suddenly went out. Reparis were determined to be imposible and the game was awarded to TJ. The "power outage" was mysterious enough, because the electric was working fine in the rest of the stadium. Many years later, a Durrett assistant fessed up to causing the "blackout" by sabotaging the lights.

In 1994, Garrard County and Harrodsburg in Lancaster. The lights went out on the home side and electric wires even fell. Everyone had to evacuate the stands. The game was moved to Lincoln County High School and the second half finished after the Lincoln game.

Harrodsburg won 29-21.

I remember that. It was a unique situation.

2000 Highlands @ Harrison County. probably the coldest football game I had ever been to. Harrison pulled a trick play having one of the wide outs run like he was going out of bounds. He stood with his back to the field and when the ball was snapped he ran straight down the field. He was wide open, but Hamblin still ran him down from about 20 yards away. It was 7-7 after one. 31-7 at half. I think Highlands ended up winning 45-7.

I remember going to Cov. Scott years ago and they announced both teams cheerleaders...we figured we might have a chance to win it. Also they must have been late on a light bill because their lights went out a couple of times causing delays.

When Manual played Eastern in 03, they seemed to have the game won at the half. They had just come off one of the arguably biggest (as in 'big deal', not score margin) wins EVER, against Trinity (a strange game in itself to some T fans I'd bet), and they were looking at what was likely to be a 40-0 game, when all the heart just dropped from Manual and went straight to Eastern who went and pulled off one of the biggest comebacks I had ever seen.

Hey Ram...What about the game in 2002 when it was Manual vs. PRP in the Playoffs and the scoreboard exploded and ended up going to the last play of the game...That is BY FAR the best and strangest game I have ever witnessed...

Hey Ram...What about the game in 2002 when it was Manual vs. PRP in the Playoffs and the scoreboard exploded and ended up going to the last play of the game...That is BY FAR the best and strangest game I have ever witnessed...
I believe that was the 2001 season, Joe's 1st at Manual. Manual was 9-1 going into the game.

Wasn't that also the game Spillman caught a 75 yard slant as a freshman late in the game for the winning score?