Mercer County Titans.....

With the Harrodsburg and Mercer merger (before the re-allignment).....where should have Mercer played last year....:sssh: Sorry if this has been discussed already, Im an outsider looking in:sleep:

I could go way back the last several years about teams that "should've" been playing a class up in a previous year, I mean, a lot, and even several from this year, but I won't because the thread will get shut down and Id be wasting meaningful minutes of my life into meaningless ones.

The would have been in the lower half of Class AAA. And yes, this is a topic that's been like beating a dead horse, like beating a dead horse, like beating a dead horse, like beating a dead horse...and did I mention, that it's been like beating a dead horse?!:sleep: I know you didnt know, but now you do.:thumb:

I dont know the whole reason, but I believe it had something to do with the fact that with the new scheduling, district realignments, etc. that if the game was at Boyle this year, then Boyle would be having 6 home games, which would inturn meant that they(Boyle) would have ONLY four home games in 2008. So, Im guessing that Jaggers and Pardue agreed to do it this way?! I believe that is the correct reasoning?! I hope this helps!

This is what I thought the answer was. Thanks! :ylsuper:

This is what I thought the answer was. Thanks! :ylsuper:

No problem, glad I could help! Also, to add to that, if the game had been played at Boyle this year, Mercer would have only had 4 home games, then 6 in '08...exact opposite of Boyle, so by doing it this way, it seems like it helps both schools out.:thumb:

With the Harrodsburg and Mercer merger (before the re-allignment).....where should have Mercer played last year....:sssh: Sorry if this has been discussed already, Im an outsider looking in:sleep:

Oh my gosh.......I never thought about that!!!!?????? That would really make for an interesting thread!!! :jump: :jump: That's what I love about this site....interesting, insightful, fresh topics to talk about........while I stare at .....THIS.......GREAT......BIG.......RING!!!

I could go way back the last several years about teams that "should've" been playing a class up in a previous year, I mean, a lot, and even several from this year, but I won't because the thread will get shut down and Id be wasting meaningful minutes of my life into meaningless ones.

The would have been in the lower half of Class AAA. And yes, this is a topic that's been like beating a dead horse, like beating a dead horse, like beating a dead horse, like beating a dead horse...and did I mention, that it's been like beating a dead horse?!:sleep: I know you didn't know, but now you do.:thumb:

Mercer actually has a higher enrollment of boys(figure that determines KHSA classification) than BG does and I also believe that last year's Mercer team would have been in 3A if the merger was done at a time to move up. A lot of people don't realize that when the merger first came up as serious discussion, it was already too late to move up in classification(The merger was not done at all for football reasons). Team schedules had already been completed around the April/May time period when the merger became a reality and football never played any kind of part in whether they should merge or not. I also believe that had Mercer been allowed to move up they would have been just as or almost as successful as they were in 2A. People truly don't understand how talented last year's Mercer team was, but it doesn't matter, they still have a ring to show for their talent regardless of its classification. Mercer should be proud to be the only public school that actually won a football state title last year and from what I can tell they are.

Good luck in 5A......I hope BG is waiting for you in the championship.:fire:

Mercer actually has a higher enrollment of boys(figure that determines KHSA classification) than BG does and I also believe that last year's Mercer team would have been in 3A if the merger was done at a time to move up. A lot of people don't realize that when the merger first came up as serious discussion, it was already too late to move up in classification(The merger was not done at all for football reasons). Team schedules had already been completed around the April/May time period when the merger became a reality and football never played any kind of part in whether they should merge or not. I also believe that had Mercer been allowed to move up they would have been just as or almost as successful as they were in 2A. People truly don't understand how talented last year's Mercer team was, but it doesn't matter, they still have a ring to show for their talent regardless of its classification. Mercer should be proud to be the only public school that actually won a football state title last year and from what I can tell they are.

Good luck in 5A......I hope BG is waiting for you in the championship.:fire:

Intelligent, smart post :thumb: . I hope we can make it that far, hopefully these young, inexperienced pups can get better each day, each week and then we'll see what happens in November!?

Mercer County has two Tennessee teams on the schedule (Watertown and Greenville). The Greenville game is at home but Watertown is on the road. That is a 265 mile trip. Yikes..........

Do the Titans go to Greenville next year? That will be 234 miles!