Who to watch this season in the 16th Region

Look for East Carter to make alot of noise! Their inside game could be very productive this season. The guard play could really be the difference. Also alot of young talent in the freshman class. A few of those freshman saw some significant playing time last season! Good luck Lady Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that summer basketball is pretty much over, who has looked good this summer and who should we all be watching for?

If you are talking about who will be the favorite to win the Region then I will have to go with East Carter or Rowan. But if you are talking about a team to watch because of heart and hustle then watch the young girls from Rose Hill. They have only one senior this year and she is able to put the ball in the basket if she will shoot.

If you are talking about who will be the favorite to win the Region then I will have to go with East Carter or Rowan. But if you are talking about a team to watch because of heart and hustle then watch the young girls from Rose Hill. They have only one senior this year and she is able to put the ball in the basket if she will shoot.

Why wouldn't she shoot?

Why wouldn't she shoot?

My guess would be a lack of confidence after playing w/ the girls RH has had the past few years. After Queen, Terry, and the Faulkners, not a lot of opportunity for any one else. I'm just speculating and could be totally wrong. It happened one other time.

My guess would be a lack of confidence after playing w/ the girls RH has had the past few years. After Queen, Terry, and the Faulkners, not a lot of opportunity for any one else. I'm just speculating and could be totally wrong. It happened one other time.

I would agree. It wasn't because of the coaches. I know that Coach Watkins and Coach Euton encourged her to shoot.