Abortion

The argument that I find ironically funny is the Pro-Choice person who rails about kids not having healthcare. It's okay to kill them in the womb but how horrible are we as a country to not provide them healthcare for their earaches. Death in womb--acceptable. Earached--Unacceptable.

Be consistent.

I am pro-life and for healthcare for every KID in this country.

Wicked truth. Fortunately there are no rules on BGP for having incredible insight or you would be suspended as we speak.

I think this is the first thread/topic that I have read where every christian agrees. Abortion is murder and it is wrong in the eyes of God.

Can a true Christian

a. support abortion and support capital punishment,

b. support abortion and oppose capital punishment,

c. oppose both,

d. oppose abortion and support capital punishment?

The answer, I believe, is a fervent "no" to a. and b. and "yes" to c. and d. However, although I personally don't oppose capital punishment, I believe the better position for true Christians is d. I will say that the position of the Catholic Church is in agreement with d. which is consistent with an unwavering belief in the sanctity of life.

One personal observation is that capital punishment would be more effective if in were administered in a "timely" manner. The continual appeals, reviews, and delays make the practice meaningless. Often 15 or more years have passed and the victim(s) and their ordeal are long forgotten.

The Kentucky Consitiution provides for a "speedy" trial. It should provide for a "speedy" carrying out of the punishment. It would be far more meaningful.

The argument that I find ironically funny is the Pro-Choice person who rails about kids not having healthcare. It's okay to kill them in the womb but how horrible are we as a country to not provide them healthcare for their earaches. Death in womb--acceptable. Earached--Unacceptable.

Be consistent.

I am pro-life and for healthcare for every KID in this country.

There you go again, getting in the way of politics with intelligence and common sense.:p :lol:

I agree with Ladies, healthcare for all kids, even the ones in the womb. And speaking of the "Womb" Jeremiah 1:4:5 The word of the Lord came to me, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you".

Psalms 139:13 "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my Mother's womb".

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting the Baby leaped in her womb"? Marys arrival brought a reaction from John in the womb. An angel had predicted that the baby would be filled with the Holy Spirit even from the womb.

Abortion...it stops a beating heart.

It can happen only for the Mother's safety.

Can a true Christian

a. support abortion and support capital punishment,

b. support abortion and oppose capital punishment,

c. oppose both,

d. oppose abortion and support capital punishment?

The answer, I believe, is a fervent "no" to a. and b. and "yes" to c. and d. However, although I personally don't oppose capital punishment, I believe the better position for true Christians is d. I will say that the position of the Catholic Church is in agreement with d. which is consistent with an unwavering belief in the sanctity of life.

One personal observation is that capital punishment would be more effective if in were administered in a "timely" manner. The continual appeals, reviews, and delays make the practice meaningless. Often 15 or more years have passed and the victim(s) and their ordeal are long forgotten.

The Kentucky Consitiution provides for a "speedy" trial. It should provide for a "speedy" carrying out of the punishment. It would be far more meaningful.

I guess I was proven wrong!!!!! Purposely killing anyone for any reason is wrong! I actually did a thesis on capital punishment when I was in college(many moons ago). I took the stand that capital punishment was wrong on the basis of the Mosaich Law, "Thou Shall Not Kill". I believe that this means exactly what it says and that goes for everyone. God is the only being that has the right to take life because he is all knowing! You say we need a "speedy carrying out of punishments" but I pose this question, how many people have been on death row for many years and then proved to be innocent of the crime that put them there? If we followed your advice, innocent people would have been "murdered". All because no man/woman whether a judge or jury member can not be all knowing. Our Lord and Savior died this way, he was wrongfully accused and hung on a croos to die(capital punishment). I know this was Gods plan and Jesus did this willingly to save us from our sins. But it was still wrong and it took man's vengfull actions to make this happen. I will stress one more time that I believe that one human-being killing another human-being Is wrong! When Christ was on the cross he said to the thief, that acknowledged him as the Son of God, today you shall be with me in paradise. I believe that a person, even a person who has committed great crimes against humanity, can be saved by the same blood that saved me. If we kill them "quickly" for their crimes aren't we taking that chance away from them? Just a question.

Now, with all that being said I will write this. Because of the paper I wrote and my beliefs on this subject, I have been asked questions like this: Q1) If someone was going to kill your wife or one of you kids what would you do.

Q2) You were in the USMC, what would you have done if you were sent to war? Q3) If someone killed your wife or one of your children would you be angry enough to want them dead?

Answers:

Q1) If I could kill them and same my wife or kids I would.

Q2) If I was in war, I would kill the enemy.

Q3) Yes, I would probably be angry enough to want them dead.

My question; does my thoughts or feelings about these questions make killing a person right? My answer NO! Just because I would do these things doesn't make them right. I do things that aren't right and even things that are sins everyday because I am human. I pray and give thanks everyday for the sacrafice Christ gave so that my sins are washed away!

Now, I want to make one thing clear. I am not saying that capital punishment or soldiers killing their enemy in war are sins. Because I don't believe they are. Murder is a sin. But, killing a human-being for any reason is wrong. IMHO!

I can see both sides of this topic, I if a woman is pregant by rape then maybe it would be something to you would have to come to terms with yourself if you would want to keep the baby.

Although I'm against abortion, I would think adoption would be a better decision on this topic.

I can see both sides of this topic, I if a woman is pregant by rape then maybe it would be something to you would have to come to terms with yourself if you would want to keep the baby.

Although I'm against abortion, I would think adoption would be a better decision on this topic.

I do know if a woman who has been raped reports it and goes to the hospital they do a procedure that eliminates the possibility of pregnency. I think this is proper and acceptible. I have real mixed emotions about women who have been raped and never go to the hospital and end up pregenant having abortions. I don't believe in abortion and 100% believe it is wrong to take life for any reason. However, I try to ask myself what I would do if I were a woman and I had been raped and ended up pregenant. I would have to say that I would not want to have the baby of a rapist. I think, even though I disagree with taking life, I would totally understand a women who in this predicament deciding to terminate her pregnency. I honestly have mixed emotions and as i said earlier in a post, just because I do something or even believe in a certain way doesn't make it right or wrong it just makes it my opinion.