Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K says media's criticism of Duke has gone too far

Featured Replies

  • Replies 92
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It comes with the territory. Its like Kentucky basketball, the Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, etc. When you are successful people are going to constantly dislike you. Also with Duke, they are on ESPN constantly being talked about. People get upset that so much time is spent talking about them.

Poor Coach K. Can't ever catch a break. Can you say "Overexposure" boys and girls?

If last season was a successful season, this article would never had been written in the first place.

Just another example of why I cannot stand "K" or Duke. Like when he was going to play in a NCAA regional at Rupp Arena (can't remember the year), the man actually made the statement that it was unfair to his team due to the Kentucky fans (and U.K. obviously was not playing in the NCAA at home)would be rooting against them :eek: Hello Coach, what did you expect :rolleyes: . I actually lost all respect that I had for the man (and I did respect him) right there. Coach K has been so used to having the media and expecting everyone to fall at his feet he cannot handle critisizm. Hey "K", here's a quarter, call someone who cares. :irked:

 

:cry: :cry: Go make another commercial coach, it will be alright. :lol:

This is exactly why I dislike Coach K. Anytime something does not go his way he breaks into his whine and complain routine.

Suck it up Coach Crybaby it is what it is.

Wow. I used to really respect the guy. I thought besides the berating of officials he did that he was a pretty decent guy. Seems like some form of whining from him has come out every few months now. Poor guy...

  • Author

Seems like the whining has gotten a little louder since Roy moved in down the road...

Interesting read to me...while I'm not a fan of Duke by any means (unless they have a player I really like, see Jason Williams c. 2000), I have always and still do like and respect Coach K. He's always struck me as a good guy...sure, there have been times when I've questioned some things he may have done or said, but to me, that comes with the job. Sometimes coaches get put in tough situations when it comes to defending their players, etc.

 

Disliking a team is part of being a sports fan, and when a team has the success Duke has, then the number of people who feel strongly about them one way or the other, inevitably goes up. Again, just part of the territory of being far and away the most successful program in college hoops over the last 20 years.

Other than the below quote, I think Coach K is correct. However, the one and ONLY reason is because of his success. I know it's probably impossible to do but he should take it as a compliment...

 

Although most of the cheering was done by a television cameraman who was a VCU grad, those at Duke saw it as another example of just how damaged their relationship with the media had become.

 

To me, the last part of the sentence is void after the first part...

He can't expect it to be just one way with the media, like the total butt kissing that Vitale and Katz gives him. Looks like the whinning he is so famous for on the court carries over quite well. Get over it Coach Krybaby and I will be rooting for UNC at least two games this year for sure.

No one wants to comment on Coach K's feelings on "reverse racism"

 

Pretty shocking that he would make those statements IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.