July 3, 200719 yr No one wants to comment on Coach K's feelings on "reverse racism" Pretty shocking that he would make those statements IMO. There isn't a whole lot to say about it. It's the truth.
July 3, 200719 yr He can't expect it to be just one way with the media, like the total butt kissing that Vitale and Katz gives him. This statement is dead on, actually.
July 3, 200719 yr Get over it Coach Krybaby and I will be rooting for UNC at least two games this year for sure. :thumb: And that is very hard to do considering UNC has Williams at te helm. Coach "K" is just sickining with all of his "holier than thouh bull crap". He is Bobby night without the obvious outburst, he just does it a different way. Both are great coaches and both are incredible jerks.
July 4, 200719 yr ^ :sleep: Only because you root for a different team, my brother. Nope, you are wrong in that, assumption and you know what they say about "assume" . Read my above post #7 about when he was going to play in a NCAA regional at Rupp and went off crying that it wasn't fair. That is when I lost the respect I had for the man, and I did respect him before, I didn't like him but I did respect him. Being a fan of another team has absolutely nothing to do with it. However I will say that there is one thing that I still admire about the man and that is his work for the Jimmy "V" foundation.
July 4, 200719 yr I went to that game and don't remember the rhetoric of that, can you provide a link to the text?
July 4, 200719 yr I went to that game and don't remember the rhetoric of that, can you provide a link to the text? No I can't, I heard it and can't remember if it was on espn, cbs or where. I did hear that out of him though. I am not making it up.
July 4, 200719 yr No I can't, I heard it and can't remember if it was on espn, cbs or where. I did hear that out of him though. I am not making it up. There may be a link but one is not needed. It did happen. I remember him crying about having to play in Rupp and how it was not fair to his players. You are correct Oldrambler, He did just what you stated and does so everytime something does not go as he thinks it should.
July 4, 200719 yr ^ Ok....even if he did...as 1 seed, is it right for them to go into a hostile territory in the Sweet 16...especially if they are playing IU who is right around the corner.
July 4, 200719 yr ^ Ok....even if he did...as 1 seed, is it right for them to go into a hostile territory in the Sweet 16...especially if they are playing IU who is right around the corner. I remember it also. As for your argument, its pretty weak. The 4 Regional Sites that year were: Lexington, Syracuse, Madison and San Jose. Lexington was the closest and since UK was not allowed to play in that Region why would there be an overabundance of UK fans at the game. Besides the seeding didn't hold, if it had it Duke would have been playing USC. Lexington was the closest location to Durham, doesn't a number 1 seed usually get rewarded by playing close to home?
July 4, 200719 yr Duke likes getting to play in their own state. Something UK hasn't got to do in YEARS. I do lose respect for him whenever he whines. However, I have never lost respect for him as a coach. He is probably the best coach in the country and his career record speaks for itself. Even the greats had down years.
July 4, 200719 yr Duke likes getting to play in their own state. Something UK hasn't got to do in YEARS. I do lose respect for him whenever he whines. However, I have never lost respect for him as a coach. He is probably the best coach in the country and his career record speaks for itself. Even the greats had down years. ... if not there, then E. Rutherford, NJ.
July 4, 200719 yr Duke likes getting to play in their own state. Something UK hasn't got to do in YEARS. With the new stadium they should have the chance now...
July 4, 200719 yr I remember it also. As for your argument, its pretty weak. The 4 Regional Sites that year were: Lexington, Syracuse, Madison and San Jose. Lexington was the closest and since UK was not allowed to play in that Region why would there be an overabundance of UK fans at the game. Besides the seeding didn't hold, if it had it Duke would have been playing USC. Lexington was the closest location to Durham, doesn't a number 1 seed usually get rewarded by playing close to home? :thumb: :thumb: Nice post Joe and Thank You! You are exactly right. "K" was crying bc he got the privliges of playing closet to Durham as a #1 seed bc it just happened to be in Kentucky at Rupp Arena. How cruel of them (NCAA) to do that:sssh: .
July 4, 200719 yr :thumb: :thumb: Nice post Joe and Thank You! You are exactly right. "K" was crying bc he got the privliges of playing closet to Durham as a #1 seed bc it just happened to be in Kentucky at Rupp Arena. How cruel of them (NCAA) to do that:sssh: . Hey us Red Sox and Yankee fans can agree on things every once and awhile--LOL! Seriously though I think I remember a lot of Duke supporters saying that Duke and UK weren't even rivals so why would there be any conflict there to begin with?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.