July 4, 200719 yr Hey us Red Sox and Yankee fans can agree on things every once and awhile--LOL! Seriously though I think I remember a lot of Duke supporters saying that Duke and UK weren't even rivals so why would there be any conflict there to begin with? :thumb: :laugh: :lol:
July 4, 200719 yr Coach K is probably right, but he is taking it too personally. The media likes to build things up, only to tear them down later. The media will get bored bashing the Dookies soon enough and move on. I'm surprised K bothered to comment on it though. That usually makes things worse.
July 4, 200719 yr Hey us Red Sox and Yankee fans can agree on things every once and awhile--LOL! Seriously though I think I remember a lot of Duke supporters saying that Duke and UK weren't even rivals so why would there be any conflict there to begin with? We can find some common ground :thumb: . As for the 2nd statemnt :laugh: .
July 5, 200719 yr The media has absolutely LOVED the Dookies for decades. THE outlet (ESPN) always LOVES Duke. Vitale openly recruits on the air for the program. Television ads for cars and credit cards featuring Coach K have been open tools for Duke recruiting with no NCAA questions asked. If it became an all out, year in, year out smear campaign, his argument is valid. If it's just a couple of things, shut up. I think someone has gotten spoiled with their special treatment.
July 5, 200719 yr It's actually a very solid article with vaild seniments from its author and Coach Krzyzewski....I stand behind him, and what he feels he needs to do to be more accessible to the media.
July 5, 200719 yr The media has absolutely LOVED the Dookies for decades. THE outlet (ESPN) always LOVES Duke. Vitale openly recruits on the air for the program. Television ads for cars and credit cards featuring Coach K have been open tools for Duke recruiting with no NCAA questions asked. If it became an all out, year in, year out smear campaign, his argument is valid. If it's just a couple of things, shut up. I think someone has gotten spoiled with their special treatment. :thumb: :thumb: Very Well Said DC!!
July 5, 200719 yr It looks like damage control to me and my guess is it is more of a calculated reaction than an emotionally driven outcry. I would bet he is receiving top notch advice on media relations and somebody who is very good at it is guiding him through the handling of it.
July 5, 200719 yr ^ Ok....even if he did...as 1 seed, is it right for them to go into a hostile territory in the Sweet 16...especially if they are playing IU who is right around the corner. This happens all the time though. Like Kentucky having to play Marquette in the Elite 8 very close to Marquette a few years back. Or Texas A&M having to play Louisville at Rupp Arena. Its just part of it.
July 6, 200719 yr ^ Ok....even if he did...as 1 seed, is it right for them to go into a hostile territory in the Sweet 16...especially if they are playing IU who is right around the corner. Like in 2003 when UK had to play in Wisconsin's and Marquette's backyard for the sweet 16 and elite 8?
July 6, 200719 yr Like in 2003 when UK had to play in Wisconsin's and Marquette's backyard for the sweet 16 and elite 8? Kentucky gets stationed in Nashville and Indianapolis on fairly regular occasions. Do you complain about that the way UK fans have whined about the Minneapolis region oh so often? It is, after all, a two-way street.
July 6, 200719 yr Kentucky gets stationed in Nashville and Indianapolis on fairly regular occasions. Do you complain about that the way UK fans have whined about the Minneapolis region oh so often? It is, after all, a two-way street. Did Tubby complain about it?
July 6, 200719 yr Kentucky gets stationed in Nashville and Indianapolis on fairly regular occasions. Do you complain about that the way UK fans have whined about the Minneapolis region oh so often? It is, after all, a two-way street. Didn't know you were a coach K fan.
July 6, 200719 yr ^ Ok....even if he did...as 1 seed, is it right for them to go into a hostile territory in the Sweet 16...especially if they are playing IU who is right around the corner. No, but it happens. It wasn't fair for UK to go into the tourny as the overall #1 seed in 2003 and have to play Wisconsin and Marquette in their backyard. I think the NCAA drops the ball from time to time on these things. I don't blame Coach K for pointing that out...just like I don't blame Kentucky for mentioning the draw they got. The #1 seeds shouldn't be put in situations where they are basically playing road games, IMO...it takes away the whole advantage of earning that position. There have been numerous times I can recall when a top seed would have been better off in one of the two slots. That shouldn't happen.
July 6, 200719 yr Over the years Duke and Coach K have got break after break, on and off the court, and the media is usually so pro-Duke and Coach K it is bordering on idol worship. He can get over it and himself. I remember very well the whinning over playing Indiana in Rupp and the way Davis handled it from IU was the best thing that Coach K could have and should have done. Davis joked about it, saying that if he had ever said anything bad about UK or their fans he was sorry, just playing it up and having a good time. And I for probably the only time I can ever remember rooted for IU.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.