Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K says media's criticism of Duke has gone too far

Featured Replies

Well I don't and Florida owns the SEC. UK is supposed to be traditionally basketball and Florida football. Looks like they own both.

 

Bet you'll never see tha "U" win the ACC on the hardwood. FSU either.

Absolutely unbelievable....:lol: :lol: :lol: What does that have to do with this thread, Duke, Coach K or U.K. ???? Never mind, I know the answer.....absolutely nothing :lol: See Ya around, well................maybe not, it is pointless. :rolleyes: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

  • Replies 92
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give it another year or so and you will be seeing UK right where it belongs on top of the SEC. Just relax and take it easy there pal. It will happen soon.

:thumb: :thumb: and I really hope that some of the many bandwagon fans on here that jumped off do not come climbing back on the U.K. bandwagon when it does happen;) ...............and as you said, it will happen. :thumb:

Give it another year or so and you will be seeing UK right where it belongs on top of the SEC. Just relax and take it easy there pal. It will happen soon.

 

We'll see

We'll see

 

Look through basketball history. Even the most consistent programs for the last 60 or so years during that time have off years. But 1 thing is for sure: Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Indiana, and UCLA will not stay down for long, although UCLA has probably been down more than the other 4 teams after Wooden.

I think the same is starting to be the case for Duke, Louisville, Arizona, and UConn.

Over the years Duke and Coach K have got break after break, on and off the court, and the media is usually so pro-Duke and Coach K it is bordering on idol worship. He can get over it and himself. I remember very well the whinning over playing Indiana in Rupp and the way Davis handled it from IU was the best thing that Coach K could have and should have done. Davis joked about it, saying that if he had ever said anything bad about UK or their fans he was sorry, just playing it up and having a good time. And I for probably the only time I can ever remember rooted for IU.

 

 

The first sentence is sooo true. I have no sympathy for Duke or Coach K! I only wish I could see Vitale and Packer crying along with him.

Look through basketball history. Even the most consistent programs for the last 60 or so years during that time have off years. But 1 thing is for sure: Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Indiana, and UCLA will not stay down for long, although UCLA has probably been down more than the other 4 teams after Wooden.

I think the same is starting to be the case for Duke, Louisville, Arizona, and UConn.

 

I love how UK fans always resort to history when the 8 or 9 year absense of their beloved Wildcats from the final four comes up in a conversation. Kentucky made a huge mistake by hiring Tubby. I knew it back then. And they are making the same mistake with B.G., you'll see. Pelphrey would've been a way better hire and he will soon show UK fans that in match-ups with the Razorbacks. Expect UK to be down by their standards for quite a bit of time. Maybe another 7 or 8 years. Go Duke! :thumb:

Don't fret,Coach K....come November,Dickie V. and Billy Packer will be there to wipe the tears away and all will be well with the world....geezzzz..wahhhhhhhhhh!!

I love how UK fans always resort to history when the 8 or 9 year absense of their beloved Wildcats from the final four comes up in a conversation. Kentucky made a huge mistake by hiring Tubby. I knew it back then. And they are making the same mistake with B.G., you'll see. Pelphrey would've been a way better hire and he will soon show UK fans that in match-ups with the Razorbacks. Expect UK to be down by their standards for quite a bit of time. Maybe another 7 or 8 years. Go Duke! :thumb:

 

 

You don't have to be a UK fan to dislike Duke.:cry:

Cry me a river Coach K. He has got to be the whiniest coach in the NCAA.

 

And one of the most successful ones too. :thumb:

I love how UK fans always resort to history when the 8 or 9 year absense of their beloved Wildcats from the final four comes up in a conversation. Kentucky made a huge mistake by hiring Tubby. I knew it back then. And they are making the same mistake with B.G., you'll see. Pelphrey would've been a way better hire and he will soon show UK fans that in match-ups with the Razorbacks. Expect UK to be down by their standards for quite a bit of time. Maybe another 7 or 8 years. Go Duke! :thumb:

 

It isn't like Duke is on a hot streak. UK made it farther than Duke did last season. As for Kentucky and Gillispie, to say he is a mistake now is ridiculous. Look at his credentials. I think it would be wrong to say he is a slam dunk yet, but anyone would have to admit he has done an impressive job as a head coach in college basketball thus far.

I love how UK fans always resort to history when the 8 or 9 year absense of their beloved Wildcats from the final four comes up in a conversation. Kentucky made a huge mistake by hiring Tubby. I knew it back then. And they are making the same mistake with B.G., you'll see. Pelphrey would've been a way better hire and he will soon show UK fans that in match-ups with the Razorbacks. Expect UK to be down by their standards for quite a bit of time. Maybe another 7 or 8 years. Go Duke! :thumb:

:laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes: You know , I am not the only one that has questioned your motives, agenda or general knowledge of U.K. basketball on here through time. Imo this post removes all doubt. :jump:

:laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes: You know , I am not the only one that has questioned your motives, agenda or general knowledge of U.K. basketball on here through time. Imo this post removes all doubt. :jump:

 

I'm so glad to see you as the ambassador of everyone's opinions. Sorry I didn't clear mines with you first. I will next time, k?

I'm so glad to see you as the ambassador of everyone's opinions. Sorry I didn't clear mines with you first. I will next time, k?

I don't think that I am "ambasador of everyones opinion" as you put it :rolleyes: . As a matter of fact, I am quite sure that am not the only one that has commented on your post on this as well as other threads/post with much of the same opinions :D . As a matter of fact, you have made it a point to comment / post on a lot of my post lately (good to know that you are paying attention ;) ). That is fine just know that it works both ways :sssh: . Nice try though. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.