Where will Johnson Central go from here.

He may be ready, but not ready for that job.

I played against Tommy in high school and after the fact. You couldn't meet a nicer guy! I just don't know that he could step into those shoes yet. Best of luck to him if he gets the job though!!...:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

McKenzie deserves it if he wants it. He was a good player, He is a good coach. And more importantly he is a great person. The boys at Johnson Central will be better men for knowing McKenzie. If I had a son I know I would want him to play for someone just like Tommy.

• 2 weeks later...

A question to ponder is...Since Coach Jim Matney has the Golden Eagle Football Program moving in the right direction does the school system put as big a priority on basketball. As am outsider it seems to me that football has become king in Johnson County. I'm not saying that one person or a group of people are causing a slowdown in the process of hiring a basketball coach, but football seems to be the priority due to recent success. For that matter Baseball seems to be inching in over basketball as well due to its success. Best of luck to JC, I've always enjoyed visiting as an opposing player, fan, etc..