Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest Rivalries

Featured Replies

Ryle VS. Boone County

  • Replies 92
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (I hope) they know I am just kidding around.

 

 

We do. Besides, I think the Birds have all the motivation they need this off season to get motivated for revenge. I really don't think that any thing any one says on here will add to the revenge motivation quotient. Thus, keep firing away:jump:

Dayton Green Devils and the Bellevue Tigers

Bardstown and Bethlehem because of what happened in the the playoffs last year.

Ashland and Russell def have my vote, the Ashland vs. Boyd isnt as big as it used to be at least from this ashland fans standpoint

 

 

I would say us guys at Boyd probably wont consider it much of a rivalry for the next few years either....:thumb: But will still enjoy beating ya.:thumb:

 

Oh wait, surely you wasnt assuming that Ashland has stepped to that next level of excellence at a new notch above the Lions are ya?

 

Oh well, I guess we will see in a few months...Good luck.:thumb:

While we don't play in the regular season - Trinity vs. Male has become quite interesting the last few years...

While we don't play in the regular season - Trinity vs. Male has become quite interesting the last few years...

 

2002 and 2006 are two of the best football games I have ever seen. At ANY level.

Lynn Camp and Williamsburg. Lot of bad blood for 2 small schools and it goes back for decades.

I am looking forward to the renewal of the Russell vs. Raceland rivalary after all these years

I would say us guys at Boyd probably wont consider it much of a rivalry for the next few years either....:thumb: But will still enjoy beating ya.:thumb:

 

Oh wait, surely you wasnt assuming that Ashland has stepped to that next level of excellence at a new notch above the Lions are ya?

 

Oh well, I guess we will see in a few months...Good luck.:thumb:

 

Talk all you want, we've beaten your butt the last few years and will until you prove otherwise.

Talk all you want, we've beaten your butt the last few years and will until you prove otherwise.

 

You have won 3 or the last 5, but that hasnt been in the last FEW years, but whatever...It will be what have you done for me lately this year for you guys.:D

 

I like how all the Ashland fans say they got some surprises for us at Boyd this year, the surprise will be that the Tomcats might not have quite the team they really want to have.

 

But IF some chance you can pull off the win this year, then I will be the first to Congratulate ya....I wont hide like some past Tomcat Fans.:thumb:

Lynn Camp and Williamsburg. Lot of bad blood for 2 small schools and it goes back for decades.

 

Yep.

May not have the glitz and glamour of some of these excellent rivalries, but North Laurel v. South Laurel and Corbin v. South Laurel always are entertaining games with fierce bragging rights implications (and used to be playoff implications in the case of NL-SL).

 

Very true Jim. For the past several years, they have had some excellent down to the final play games.

 

I also think the Corbin vs South Laurel game has taken on a MUCH more intense feel when South started beating Corbin a few years ago.

I remember reading a SI article saying it was the #7 in the country of biggest rivalries.

 

USA Today has said several times (in different years) that Trinity-St. X is the biggest high school football game in the country.

You have won 3 or the last 5, but that hasnt been in the last FEW years, but whatever...It will be what have you done for me lately this year for you guys.:D

 

I like how all the Ashland fans say they got some surprises for us at Boyd this year, the surprise will be that the Tomcats might not have quite the team they really want to have.

 

But IF some chance you can pull off the win this year, then I will be the first to Congratulate ya....I wont hide like some past Tomcat Fans.:thumb:

 

Actually.. 4 of the last 5.

 

2003 - Boyd beat Ashland at Boyd Co. (Regular Season)

Boyd traveled to Putnam during the playoffs and Ashland righted the ship in a thumping of the Lions to get to the Regional Championship.

 

2004 - Boyd traveled to Putnam and the Tomcats won, winning the District Championship.

 

2005 - Ashland traveled to Boyd Co. and well that was about it. Not much of a game.

 

2006 - The Lions visit Putnam Stadium in Coach Evans debute and for the fourth strait time the Lions fell to the Tomcats.

 

Last FEW years is the precise way to put it. But I can see how you can get the last four times mixed up as not being latley... no, no I cant.

 

 

But Whatever....

Yoter

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.