Biggest Rivalries

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The apple bowl! Johnson Central vs. Paintsville

I might be wrong about this, but I believe this game is the only game in the state with a traveling trophy... the apple barrel.

That one is a very bg rivalry.

I believe that I heard that a local business or two has offered to donate a traveling trophy for the renewed Raceland / Russell series. Am not 100% sure.

this would be my top ones in this order

1) St X - Trinity

2) CCH - Highlands

3) Male - Manual

4) Boyle Co - Danville

5) NCC - Beechwood

6) Mayfield - Tilghman

7) Russell - Ashland

8) BGreen - W.Central

9) Male - St X

10) BGreen - FSimpson

Everybody brings their "A" game for Highlands...but CovCath is the one the Birds get up for best! We respect all...but fear none!

Yeah, but it's hardly a rivalry anymore, considering that CovCath has owned Highlands for the past.................year.:D

Yeah, but it's hardly a rivalry anymore, considering that CovCath has owned Highlands for the past.................year.:D

Think the tide is coming in for the birds and a change is a 'coming in favor of the birds...

However, with Dixie now in the same classification, I see a rivalry brewing between the blue and red Colonels of Dixie Highway. :fight:

Looking foreward to playing Raceland .... Much more than Estill (but I do like the engineers) , East , West , Lewis ,Powell. Thankful to be playing quality opponent who we share backyards and football traditions ... Need a Greenup County traveling trophy ...

The apple bowl! Johnson Central vs. Paintsville

I might be wrong about this, but I believe this game is the only game in the state with a traveling trophy... the apple barrel.

I believe there is a Firemen's Bell that goes to the winner of NCC and Newport. It doesn't travel far...but I believe it still counts (lol)

NewCath and Beechwood is definately a good rivalry, but to say without a doubt, one must have never been in attendance at a Dayton/Bellevue game...

I agree, the NCC/Beechwood rivalry is too recent to be considered the best and most traditional. The Dayton/ Bellevue rivalry goes back many many years and I gotta tell you it brings out the best of both teams. If they could transcend that same intensity and knockdown, drag out play vs. Beechwood and NCC each year they would find themselves in the Win column more often than not.

I agree, the NCC/Beechwood rivalry is too recent to be considered the best and most traditional. The Dayton/ Bellevue rivalry goes back many many years and I gotta tell you it brings out the best of both teams. If they could transcend that same intensity and knockdown, drag out play vs. Beechwood and NCC each year they would find themselves in the Win column more often than not.

Interesting opinion! Talent and athletic ability have nothing to do w/winning or losing I guess?