June 5, 200719 yr LONDON (AFP) - The "iconic" logo for the 2012 London Olympics was unveiled here on Monday, but critics immediately condemned it as "hideous" and a waste of money. The jagged emblem, designed to define the image of the Games in five years' time, comes in a series of bright shades of pink, blue, green and orange, and includes the signature five Olympic rings emblazoned onto the "0". "This is the vision at the very heart of our brand," said London 2012 organising committee chief Sebastian Coe, the former 800m and 1,500m world record holder who won gold in the 1,500 metres at the 1980 and 1984 Olympics. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070604/sp_wl_afp/oly2012britainlogo Yes, this logo is pretty darn horrific. :lol:
June 5, 200719 yr Yeah, I don't get it. How anyone could see "ambitious, interactive and youth-friendly" out of that I have no idea
June 5, 200719 yr Looks like a broken up swastika to me. That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well. Or something you may've seen from the film "V For Vindetta".
June 5, 200719 yr Poor choice imo. Maybe they think it will generate discussion, which it's sure to do.
June 5, 200719 yr I wonder what USA's would have looked like if Cincinnati would have won it? Something like this...
June 5, 200719 yr Where are the other pieces of the puzzle? Did Blue's Clues have a contest or something??? This is retarded.
June 5, 200719 yr Something like this... That's better than what I thought it might be... I thought it'd be a big pig with an olympic logo branded on the backside.
June 5, 200719 yr We've had some nice looking Olympic logos such as... and... and... I would have expected better from the Brits...
June 5, 200719 yr Looks like two cartoon characters - one with a "London head" and one with an "Olympic Rings head" - fighting over a roll of toilet paper.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.