Somerset's Field Being Worked On?

I have noticed that the field is now covered with all new top soil. Seems that they are finally fixing the crown on the field. I have also heard that new drains and a new sprinkler system is too be added. Does anyone know for sure whats going on?

• 4 weeks later...

The field is now finished....oops...someone forgot the grass! It appears that the new 21 head sprinkler system is working fine on the mud. Anyone have any information on how long it takes for bermuda grass to grow where it is play worthy? The administration seems to think it will be ready for the Ray Correll Bowl on August 24th. Myself I don't think so, I think that Bob Tucker better be calling Pulaski or Southwestern and have plan B in place.

Seeded bermuda takes at the most 14 days to germinate. Once germinated the warm season grass grows very rapidly and could be ready to play on by late August. Should be a fast track.

I'm not for sure the guys name that supervised the field overhaul, he takes care of UK's fields (so I've been told). He said not to worry that everything will be fine with the grass. The sprinklers are running several times a day, so water is not an issue.

I went by the field today and noticed grass is already starting to grow. Seems that CCHS_Dad knows what he is talking about. Hopefully to more months worth of growing and it will be ready to play on.

• 1 month later...