Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson To UK !

Featured Replies

And we would have still had all 4 if Tubby was here.

There's no in the world we would've gotten Legion if Tubby were still here.

  • Replies 259
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one cared I thought, haha.

 

Noone cared about all the hoopla leading up to it. Everyone loved it once the moment finally arrived.

 

So much for "The Package Deal"....

Noone cared about all the hoopla leading up to it. Everyone loved it once the moment finally arrived.

 

So much for "The Package Deal"....

Who said anything about a package deal?
And we would have still had all 4 if Tubby was here.

Legion was not on Tubby's radar.

Legion was not on Tubby's radar.

 

And would never have been....

For those expecting PP to be the Savier, I doubt seriously if he will be.. He will most likely start and contribute 8-10 pts and 7-8 rebounds..Anything more than that would be a bonus.. I do see him getting better in his 2nd and 3rd years and those #s going up, but, his signing with the Cats is still huge for future recruiting sake, more than anything.. There's very few Carmelo Anthonys, Kevin Durants and Greg Odens out there that have extra ordinary skills that are immediate impact players that completely turn a team around...

For those expecting PP to be the Savier, I doubt seriously if he will be.. He will most likely start and contribute 8-10 pts and 7-8 rebounds..Anything more than that would be a bonus.. I do see him getting better in his 2nd and 3rd years and those #s going up, but, his signing with the Cats is still huge for future recruiting sake, more than anything.. There's very few Carmelo Anthonys, Kevin Durants and Greg Odens out there that have extra ordinary skills that are immediate impact players that completely turn a team around...

I agree that he won"t average 20-25 pts. a game, but he should make a huge impact by just being a threat from the 4 spot. Which the cats haven't had in a couple of yrs. If they can get some production from the 5, then that will open it up for the 1,2 & 3 spots.

For those expecting PP to be the Savier, I doubt seriously if he will be.. He will most likely start and contribute 8-10 pts and 7-8 rebounds..Anything more than that would be a bonus.. I do see him getting better in his 2nd and 3rd years and those #s going up, but, his signing with the Cats is still huge for future recruiting sake, more than anything.. There's very few Carmelo Anthonys, Kevin Durants and Greg Odens out there that have extra ordinary skills that are immediate impact players that completely turn a team around...

 

IMO, PPat will be an immediate help defensively, but will have some work to do on the offensive end. He will give a stable presence in the post, but I am honestly not expecting much for next season. Too hard to rely on a Freshman, especially for an interior player.

One comment that Billy G said that seemed to be pure pandering was the 13 McD's AA comment.

 

Was Lofton a McD's AA? If not, Billy G would have missed out on him too if he is only going to focus on McD's AA.

 

I thought it was pure pandering to that crowd of the UK fans who think all of the cream of the crop should come to UK.

 

He goes with that mindset and we would have missed out on Padgett, Farmer, Pelphry, Mills, Woods, etc, etc, etc.

One comment that Billy G said that seemed to be pure pandering was the 13 McD's AA comment.

 

Was Lofton a McD's AA? If not, Billy G would have missed out on him too if he is only going to focus on McD's AA.

 

I thought it was pure pandering to that crowd of the UK fans who think all of the cream of the crop should come to UK.

 

He goes with that mindset and we would have missed out on Padgett, Farmer, Pelphry, Mills, Woods, etc, etc, etc.

:thumb:

Hayes, Fitch, Estill, Daniel. I guess we could name them all day.

One comment that Billy G said that seemed to be pure pandering was the 13 McD's AA comment.

 

Was Lofton a McD's AA? If not, Billy G would have missed out on him too if he is only going to focus on McD's AA.

 

I thought it was pure pandering to that crowd of the UK fans who think all of the cream of the crop should come to UK.

 

He goes with that mindset and we would have missed out on Padgett, Farmer, Pelphry, Mills, Woods, etc, etc, etc.

What would you have liked him to say? "We're going to recruit some real projects while I'm here, and we all hope they turn out OK"...

What would you have liked him to say? "We're going to recruit some real projects while I'm here, and we all hope they turn out OK"...

We are going to recruit kids who are talented and going to come in here and work their rear's off to bring UK a national title. I want kids with talent but they also want to work to improve that God-given ability.

 

 

 

 

 

I could care less if they are McD's AA. We have, what two of them on the team last year that I would trade for a Chris Lofton, who I don't believe was a McD's AA was he?

We are going to recruit kids who are talented and going to come in here and work their rear's off to bring UK a national title. I want kids with talent but they also want to work to improve that God-given ability.

 

 

 

 

 

I could care less if they are McD's AA. We have, what two of them on the team last year that I would trade for a Chris Lofton, who I don't believe was a McD's AA was he?

I think you are reading way too much into his comments...

I think you are reading way too much into his comments...

Not reading anything into, just don't want to be pandered too, the way politicians treat the voters. I know somewhere some 18% person is going, "Yeah, Billy G is just focusing on McD's AA."

 

 

And that somewhere is probably in my family. :irked:

Not reading anything into, just don't want to be pandered too, the way politicians treat the voters. I know somewhere some 18% person is going, "Yeah, Billy G is just focusing on McD's AA."

 

 

And that somewhere is probably in my family. :irked:

I'm sure he means it. Look at the rankings and the players now interested in UK. He's going after the best of the best. He will land some and miss on some others. The difference now is the back up plans are still highly ranked talent. Truth be told, the mid level players flop far more often, and you know that...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.