Newport Basketball Coach

If she would have had Sneed last year she would have done a better job.

So, do great players make great coaches or do great coaches make great players? Unfortunately, coaches have to play w/the hand they are dealt. Sure, Newport would have won a few more games but how would Coach Sloan done a better job w/T playing?

She did the best she could w/what she had to put on the floor.

Mellisa did a great job with the team she had. I would challenge any coach to take that situation and do better. I watched them play several games and every player gave 110% and improved immensely from the start of the season.

High school ball is not all about Wins and Losses.

Losing Price to graduation and Sneed to whatever is a whole lot to replace in a small program. Those two scored about 90% of the teams points in 05'.

Good luck to Ms. Sloane and I for one wish for you to have great success in your future.

Coach Slone is not only a great coach but is an amazing person to be around. She will have success no matter where she goes in her future. She did the best job possible with the hand she was dealt and I have the utmost respect for Melissa.

• 1 month later...
If she would have had Sneed last year she would have done a better job.

I thought I heard from a reliable source that she was part of the reason Sneed didnt play outside of just poor decisions by a youngster. She has done a great job at Newport, she will succeed wherever she goes.