Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Updates from Recruiting!!

Featured Replies

I don't see Patterson signing with UK. I think he's at WV or Florida next year. I think Lucas is down to UK and Florida. Only Florida if Patterson signs there. Only UK if Patterson signs with WV.

 

As for Pettigrew and Knowles, one of the two will be at UK.

Walls will go away or walk on at UK.

Anthony McClain will go to UCONN because the Habeet has declared him self eligible for the draft.

 

I'm still not sold on DeAndre Jordan going to Texas A&M, if they let him out of his NLI I think he'd come to UK.

 

I watched Preston Knowles play and he would be a nice pickup if we lose Lucas. Probably no reason to sign them both when our real need is a big man. I heard that Jordan was more sold on Gillispie than he was on Texas A&M, but who knows. McClain probably has just as good a chance of coming to UK unless he is afraid that he can't beat out Jared Carter on the depth chart. I like that Billy G said he wanted to get the top players in the state to UK. I think we need a few Kentucky stars on the roster at all times.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past, Jordan named Gillispie as the primary reason for signing with Texas A&M.

 

"I picked Texas A&M because the staff has picked it up a lot," Jordan said. "It's an up-and-coming, developing program. Coach Gillispie is a great coach and I feel comfortable there. It's like a big family."

 

http://www.risemag.com/main.cfm?actionId=globalShowStaticContent&screenKey=NationalNews&articleId=9074&categoryKey=HotNews

Billy is going to rebuild this program into a national power house sooner than later at this pace. The man truly never sleeps.

I watched Preston Knowles play and he would be a nice pickup if we lose Lucas. Probably no reason to sign them both when our real need is a big man. I heard that Jordan was more sold on Gillispie than he was on Texas A&M, but who knows. McClain probably has just as good a chance of coming to UK unless he is afraid that he can't beat out Jared Carter on the depth chart. I like that Billy G said he wanted to get the top players in the state to UK. I think we need a few Kentucky stars on the roster at all times.

As long as they are good enough. I would like to see our high schoolers start beating Indianas high schoolers. Dont take KY boys just because they are ky boys. Get the best from wherever.:thumb:

As long as they are good enough. I would like to see our high schoolers start beating Indianas high schoolers. Dont take KY boys just because they are ky boys. Get the best from wherever.:thumb:

 

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I don't want them if they can't compete at UK's level. We have had Kentucky boys under Tubby, but not the RIGHT Kentucky boys.

McClain likes UConn because Thabett might be moving on and UC is right there and been there for awhile.

Please, please, don't ever use the term "G Funk" on BGP again. That is horrible. :creepy:

 

 

:thumb: :laugh:

If he is working as hard as everyone seems to think, I love it. I think he will be a very good coach/recruiter...I can't wait to see everyone's reactions if he pulls in Lucas or Patterson...or both.

I think he should really consider Austin Hill from Holmes. This kid is a major D1 talent and I think he would have a nice a career at UK. The sky is the limit for him.

I think he should really consider Austin Hill from Holmes. This kid is a major D1 talent and I think he would have a nice a career at UK. The sky is the limit for him.

No Way!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: I'm glad your not recruiting for UK......

I think he should really consider Austin Hill from Holmes. This kid is a major D1 talent and I think he would have a nice a career at UK. The sky is the limit for him.

 

 

Austin HIll or Patrick Patterson?

 

I think everybody knows that answer.

 

Hill is a nice player but UK material.

McClain likes UConn because Thabett might be moving on and UC is right there and been there for awhile.

UConn has moved back to #2 on McClain. It would take a miracle for UK to land him...

 

 

And Thabeet has not decided yet...

 

http://www.connpost.com/sports/ci_5612534

I think he should really consider Austin Hill from Holmes. This kid is a major D1 talent and I think he would have a nice a career at UK. The sky is the limit for him.

I agree 100%, I posted that before on this also. I'd take him over pettigrew eaisly or Walls at that. Austin Hill could be a steal for UK if they were ever interested.

In hindsight, I think we might have a better hire than Donovan. I am very pleased with things at this point.

 

I agree. I was on the Donovan bandwagon, but after hearing our new coach speak, BillyG was the man for the job( regardless of what CM Newton says). I am very pleased. For the first time in a long time, I feel great about our program and the man leading it. Me and my wife were driving home from Revival the other night and I told her I felt good, because I knew he was working( that was Friday night). That night was the first night as Kentuckys coach and that night was the night he contacted the players SouthernSportsFan brought out. Yes Billy C Gillispie is the man!:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.