April 9, 200719 yr http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/hot-march-2007.asp I was going back and looking through some of those old articles on hoop scoop and its interesting to read that stuff an be able to now know how it turned out. Was reading an article from 98 and had no idea that Yao Ming was committed to University of Houston back then before not being able to leave China. Houston had a top 10 recruiting class that year.
April 9, 200719 yr Author Update with recruiting tidbits: First off, Michael Porter is really considering transfering. If UK gets Lucas, look for MP to transfer to Santa Clara or a school closer to home. Lucas, I am told, is almost wrapped up to UK. All that has to happen is for Jai and his dad to talk to Billy G. a little more and see how he plans to use Jai, then the deal will be done. Lucas isnt going to UF, infact I think he will commit next week to UK, and then sign sometime around Friday. Patrick Patterson is still considering UK. I think that if Billy G. makes a strong impression on the kid, he could very well end up at UK. I would say it is 50/50 right now between UK and UF. My guess: PP goes wherever he can get more playing time - which seems to be UK. Pettigrew more than likely will be a Wildcat. I was told Billy G. watched some tape of SP and really liked his game alot. He could commit as early as next week aswell, but I look for Billy G. to wait on SP to make sure he has enough rides in case he gets all his top targets that are left. This is what I have been "hearing."
April 9, 200719 yr Whats the deal with Jordan? Heard today that he would not be feeling the Turegon hire, and may get out of his LOI. Has stated he really thinks a lot about Billy G and his AAU coach may wind up on UK's staff? Any rumblings?
April 9, 200719 yr Author Whats the deal with Jordan? Heard today that he would not be feeling the Turegon hire, and may get out of his LOI. Has stated he really thinks a lot about Billy G and his AAU coach may wind up on UK's staff? Any rumblings? From what I understand, he won't be let out of his LOI until he atleast meets with Turgeon. Byrne, their AD, will let him out of his LOI after that. Some schools actually put restrictions on what happens from there, like not signing with an in-conference rival, whether that is true or not, I have no idea. But anyway, if Gillispie is still interested in Jordan, he may end up at Kentucky.
April 9, 200719 yr Update with recruiting tidbits: First off, Michael Porter is really considering transfering. If UK gets Lucas, look for MP to transfer to Santa Clara or a school closer to home. Lucas, I am told, is almost wrapped up to UK. All that has to happen is for Jai and his dad to talk to Billy G. a little more and see how he plans to use Jai, then the deal will be done. Lucas isnt going to UF, infact I think he will commit next week to UK, and then sign sometime around Friday. Patrick Patterson is still considering UK. I think that if Billy G. makes a strong impression on the kid, he could very well end up at UK. I would say it is 50/50 right now between UK and UF. My guess: PP goes wherever he can get more playing time - which seems to be UK. Pettigrew more than likely will be a Wildcat. I was told Billy G. watched some tape of SP and really liked his game alot. He could commit as early as next week aswell, but I look for Billy G. to wait on SP to make sure he has enough rides in case he gets all his top targets that are left. This is what I have been "hearing." I like the Texas connection with Lucas and Billy G. Makes me feel a lot better about that whole situation. Pettigrew is dying to come to UK and Gillespie knows this, should make him an offer if it ends up working out the way he wants it too. Patterson at this point is just getting on my nerves with all the " well, I will wait and let you know. " I know we shouldnt get on a 18 year old kid about his college and education but we need an answer out of him soon before we lose out on someone else.
April 9, 200719 yr From what I understand, he won't be let out of his LOI until he atleast meets with Turgeon. Byrne, their AD, will let him out of his LOI after that. Some schools actually put restrictions on what happens from there, like not signing with an in-conference rival, whether that is true or not, I have no idea. But anyway, if Gillispie is still interested in Jordan, he may end up at Kentucky. Sounds good to me.
April 9, 200719 yr The key to land Patterson is to land Lucas first. The Patterson's think the world of John Lucas and if Jai signs with UK then you can bet that John Lucas will be in Patrick's ear about kentucky and might turn out to be the best recruiting tool Uk can use with him.
April 9, 200719 yr Author The key to land Patterson is to land Lucas first. The Patterson's think the world of John Lucas and if Jai signs with UK then you can bet that John Lucas will be in Patrick's ear about kentucky and might turn out to be the best recruiting tool Uk can use with him. For what it's worth, I am hearing that is one of the reasons Gillispie is putting a lot of effort in signing Lucas.
April 9, 200719 yr For what it's worth, I am hearing that is one of the reasons Gillispie is putting a lot of effort in signing Lucas. Very smary recruiting. Kill two birds with one stone.:thumb:
April 9, 200719 yr Heard from a friend that Billy Clyde was in Clark county over Easter week-end may be giving Preston Knowles a look. Uof L has Made him an offer but he hasn't decided yet. Would look good back at Rupp knockin em down!!!!!!!!
April 9, 200719 yr Jeremy Cox is probably one of the new assistatns at UK. He was on BCG's staff in College Station. FWIU, he was dispatched to follow Darius Miller around the AAU circuit this weekend and may have even had some contact with Coach O'Hearn. BCG not wasting any time.
April 9, 200719 yr IMO we HAVE to get Darius Miller......the kid is awesome. That would be a huge jump on next year if we could land him.
April 9, 200719 yr Jeremy Cox is probably one of the new assistatns at UK. He was on BCG's staff in College Station. FWIU, he was dispatched to follow Darius Miller around the AAU circuit this weekend and may have even had some contact with Coach O'Hearn. BCG not wasting any time. It's good to see him immediately show the in-state talent attention. Darius Miller, Bud Mackey, Stephon Pettigrew et. al. all deserve a look, if not more.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.