Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Updates from Recruiting!!

Featured Replies

Maybe we were better off gettin Coach G after all...:D

  • Replies 169
  • Views 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news guy, Keep it coming!

  • Author

This is where I am going to try and keep my updates from recruiting.

 

More information:

 

I heard from AJ Stewart recently and he says he is now 6'8 and 220lbs.

----That's up half of an inch and 20 pounds since commitment.

 

Kentucky is now the leader for 6'3 Jr Willie Warren from Ft. Worth (North Crowley) TX, who is one of the top five juniors nationally, and the Wildcats are now the team you have to beat for 6'0 Frosh K.C. Ross-Miller from Irving (God's Academy) TX and 6'6 Soph Shawn Williams from Duncanville (H.S.) TX. Did you know that Williams' mother is originally from Louisville, KY and that the Kentucky is now the leader over schools like Indiana, Arizona, Illinois, Baylor, Texas, and Cincinnati for Ross-Miller's services?

Warren would be a huge get. The kid is a flat out stud. I wouldn't, however, get too excited yet...

 

"I don't really have a No. 1 any more," Warren said. "I just have a list of schools that I'm highly interested in and then another bunch of schools that I'm definitely interested in. I really don't have a list or a top five."

  • Author
Warren would be a huge get. The kid is a flat out stud. I wouldn't, however, get too excited yet...

 

"I don't really have a No. 1 any more," Warren said. "I just have a list of schools that I'm highly interested in and then another bunch of schools that I'm definitely interested in. I really don't have a list or a top five."

 

I just listened to him speak a few minutes ago. He said his top three are Kentucky, Kansas, and Texas. He said he loves Coach Gillispie and that today at school all he could think about was Kentucky, Kansas, and Texas and he had to call his mom and tell him. He said when he got home, his mom had looked up stuff from each school and they were going to talk about it tonight and decide pretty soon. He said he is glad that GJ went to Kentucky because he didn't want to be alone and feel "shy." In my honest opinion, I think he is a Kentucky lean.

 

Also hearing that A&M plan on giving a job to DeAndre Jordan's AAU coach..

I just listened to him speak a few minutes ago. He said his top three are Kentucky, Kansas, and Texas. He said he loves Coach Gillispie and that today at school all he could think about was Kentucky, Kansas, and Texas and he had to call his mom and tell him. He said when he got home, his mom had looked up stuff from each school and they were going to talk about it tonight and decide pretty soon. He said he is glad that GJ went to Kentucky because he didn't want to be alone and feel "shy." In my honest opinion, I think he is a Kentucky lean.

And my quote was from yesterday. He's a kid and has already been known to change his mind quite often so far in his recruitment. It's all an unknown until November and you know that...

Lucas seems like a lock. Patterson, in my opinion, is a 51-49 favorite for Kentucky. Why? Well, if he was set on playing for Billy Donovan and Florida, he would have already signed. I think if he likes Gillispie, he'll be a Wildcat.

 

Other news:

Read the Beasley thread. Some new news on him.

 

Is the Huggins hire not making any impact on Patterson's decision? He could stay at home, and become Danny Fortson. I personally hope that he comes to UK, but no one is mentioning it.

  • Author
And my quote was from yesterday. He's a kid and has already been known to change his mind quite often so far in his recruitment. It's all an unknown until November and you know that...

 

I haven't know of him changing his mind that often, but I do know that happens a lot with kids in recruiting. He was at the point of it being Texas A&M and Arkansas, but after the coaching changes, Texas and Kansas really pushed hard at him. You're right, a lot is unknown, but I think he follows the path of GJ and verbals soon.

I haven't know of him changing his mind that often, but I do know that happens a lot with kids in recruiting. He was at the point of it being Texas A&M and Arkansas, but after the coaching changes, Texas and Kansas really pushed hard at him. You're right, a lot is unknown, but I think he follows the path of GJ and verbals soon.

First off his top 2 was Kansas and Arkansas before Heath was fired. A&M was always on his list but never in his top choices. I've been following him for a year and it's clear he has had a lot of changes of heart in that time span...

  • Author
First off his top 2 was Kansas and Arkansas before Heath was fired. A&M was always on his list but never in his top choices. I've been following him for a year and it's clear he has had a lot of changes of heart in that time span...

 

Golly... you follow JUCOs and this kid?

 

Well, he said he loved Gillispie and that Gillispie followed him while he was in middle school. He said that one person recruited him while he was at Kansas, then that coach moved on to be a head coach at Indiana State. A couple of other assistants from Kansas have now contacted him. But like I said, in my opinion, he is a Kentucky lean.

I am really excited to see how things unfold! I am extremely confident that in the next few years we will get some great recruits in here and be in good shape.

The thing is with a couple of good recruits we could be very good next year too!

Heard from a friend that Billy Clyde was in Clark county over Easter week-end may be giving Preston Knowles a look. Uof L has Made him an offer but he hasn't decided yet. Would look good back at Rupp knockin em down!!!!!!!!

I thought he recently signed with Louisville?

Golly... you follow JUCOs and this kid?

 

Well, he said he loved Gillispie and that Gillispie followed him while he was in middle school. He said that one person recruited him while he was at Kansas, then that coach moved on to be a head coach at Indiana State. A couple of other assistants from Kansas have now contacted him. But like I said, in my opinion, he is a Kentucky lean.

I follow just about every big name kid that is being recruited by UC closely. I also have direct contact with many of the regional and national recruiting experts at Rivals. It's my JOB. So yes I do follow kids like Warren among many others. What have you heard on Rotnei Clarke? He's very important in the recruitment of Warren and Kansas just offered. Make snide and chippy remarks about what I know on the issue all you want, but it's what I am paid to know...

  • Author
I follow just about every big name kid that is being recruited by UC closely. I also have direct contact with many of the regional and national recruiting experts at Rivals. It's my JOB. So yes I do follow kids like Warren among many others. What have you heard on Rotnei Clarke? He's very important in the recruitment of Warren and Kansas just offered. Make snide and chippy remarks about what I know on the issue all you want, but it's what I am paid to know...

 

I guess you pulled a "snide and chippy" remark out of my opinion that I thought he was a Kentucky lean? He wanted to go to Cincinnati in 6th grade when Bob Huggins was there. I'm not saying that you don't know this stuff, I said you knew "a lot." I don't know if you got that out of it or not...

 

By the way, I don't care if you get paid to follow recruits or not. It's none of my business.

I guess you pulled a "snide and chippy" remark out of my opinion that I thought he was a Kentucky lean? He wanted to go to Cincinnati in 6th grade when Bob Huggins was there. I'm not saying that you don't know this stuff, I said you knew "a lot." I don't know if you got that out of it or not...

I never disputed your opinion, I just posted something he said yesterday and pointed out it's hard to say which way he leans at this point. You are the one that took issue with me following the kid over the last year. I said A&M was never in his top 2 and that's a fact. Always interested but more interested in bigger name programs. UK has a good shot to get him because Billy G worked hard early and now has the prestige Warren is looking for. You think he's leaning UK and I think his past history says it's too early to tell. Never did I make a snide remark about your opinion, just countered it with what I know of the kid...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.