April 4, 200719 yr I'm hearing today from a very reliable source that Billy D has 72 hours from this morning to sign the papers or UK is moving on. That is what I am hearing and thinking. That Barnhart has told Billy he needs to decide before the end of the weekend. Not sure if I like this idea, give him until the end of his vacation, it's only 5-6 more days. But then again, I see the other side, it doesn't give Florida any time to talk him out of it, but I am still unsure about telling your #1 candidate he must decide in a couple of days.
April 5, 200719 yr That is what I am hearing and thinking. That Barnhart has told Billy he needs to decide before the end of the weekend. Not sure if I like this idea, give him until the end of his vacation, it's only 5-6 more days. But then again, I see the other side, it doesn't give Florida any time to talk him out of it, but I am still unsure about telling your #1 candidate he must decide in a couple of days. Didnt he say earlier that he thought he could make a decision before his vacation ? I thought I heard or read that somewhere. I dont really see any problem with putting a little pressure on the guy.
April 5, 200719 yr What was Rob Bromley doing at the press conference??? Rob is going to make sure he gets the story first,that guy will even go to Minn to cover Tubbys Press Conf Hiring.:thumb:
April 5, 200719 yr ^Rob Bromley has found the fountain of youth. This guy has looked the same for 20 years.
April 5, 200719 yr What was Rob Bromley doing at the press conference??? There were sportscasters from Louisville there also. It's big news and everyone wants to be there to break the story if and when it happens.
April 5, 200719 yr I'm pretty sure you have to contact a school in order to contact a coach who is under contract. I'd say if you're simply contacting the agent its OK. Not sure though. I'm also 99.9% sure that I heard that was the scenario with Minnesota and Tubby.
April 5, 200719 yr I'd say if you're simply contacting the agent its OK. Not sure though. I'm also 99.9% sure that I heard that was the scenario with Minnesota and Tubby. I believe so. Direct contact and discussion, with a coach must involve permission, from his/her current school.
April 5, 200719 yr Billy D is meeting with Foley tomorrow.... supposed to leave the country for a family vacation this weekend.. I don't see him making a decision before Monday/Tuesday next week. His vacation should give him plenty of time to ponder everything.
April 5, 200719 yr Agreed. Why would he sign with UK and then go on vacation with lots of work to do? Does anyone know how long the vacation might last?
April 5, 200719 yr Donovan is being very careful on what he is saying, and has never mentioned he will return as the Gators head coach. He hasn't talked to anyone about anything? Yet he says he needs time to think, to talk to his wife, to make a decision? If no one has talked to you then you don't have to think about anything. Hmmm What about the decision to make himself available. Just as important.
April 5, 200719 yr Agreed. Why would he sign with UK and then go on vacation with lots of work to do? Does anyone know how long the vacation might last? What if he doesn't go on vacation...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.