April 4, 200719 yr Billy D. just refused to talk about himself at his PC today only Marshall.I am listening live right now. Said he will do some thinking about his situation when he gets back tomorrow. UK is still very much on his mind obviously and he has not make a decision. Said Coach Pitino prepared him to be a head coach with giving asst. responsibility and UK helped him deal with the press. BD is really pushing his asst. to be the next coach at Marshall. He has not spoken to the fla. AD since the game. There will be a time and place to deal with the speculation and soul searching, thinking and talking with his wife very soon to decide his future. Made a joke that it would take a month then laughed and said he will do it soon. He needs some time to just think about some things.Needs to talk with his team as well.The kids have a decision to make as well , they have to make a decision that is good for them, will make some calls to the NBA to see where they stand. He is uncertain and will not be rushed, is very happy at FL. but has to think it out. End of PC. Still no yes or no from BD.
April 4, 200719 yr I hear him talking about soul searching...about timetables...and about decisions. That doesn't sound like someone who is staying put. Someone who is determined not to make a change, doesn't talk about timetables.
April 4, 200719 yr So you are sure Minnesota is committing NCAA infractions????? Wasn't Mitch contacted in December? No leaks since then..... He left 3 months later..... and that's plenty of time to talk to Tubby. Lord knows he wasn't spending the time cleaning his office or recruiting....... Mitch wasn't contacted but Tubby's agent was, or Tubby's agent contacted them....
April 4, 200719 yr Donovan is being very careful on what he is saying, and has never mentioned he will return as the Gators head coach. He hasn't talked to anyone about anything? Yet he says he needs time to think, to talk to his wife, to make a decision? If no one has talked to you then you don't have to think about anything. Hmmm
April 4, 200719 yr If its not billy than Rich Barnes from texas is good with me. I mean he recruited a kid like Kevin Derrant, could you think of the derrant could have been at uk? I'm not so convinced about Rick Barnes. He has the hot-bed of Texas to recruit from and while he's done pretty good there, I don't think he could do the same at UK without the big recruits that a state like Texas has.
April 4, 200719 yr I'm not so convinced about Rick Barnes. He has the hot-bed of Texas to recruit from and while he's done pretty good there, I don't think he could do the same at UK without the big recruits that a state like Texas has. I know that the celebration at UF is friday, so im sure we won't hear anything untill after that
April 4, 200719 yr I believe he also leaves for vacation Saturday So i bet we won't here anything untill sometime next week. But I have a hard time seeing UK is going to want to wait that long.
April 4, 200719 yr ^ If UK could get Donovan they will wait...but it is killing their recruiting chances.
April 4, 200719 yr ^ If UK could get Donovan they will wait...but it is killing their recruiting chances. Not really, they can't sign until the 15th or 16th, by then he will need to let UK know in order to get those recruits to sign at UK. I think it's a two week window on signing in April.
April 4, 200719 yr I'm hearing today from a very reliable source that Billy D has 72 hours from this morning to sign the papers or UK is moving on.
April 4, 200719 yr I'm hearing today from a very reliable source that Billy D has 72 hours from this morning to sign the papers or UK is moving on. If that's the case, they wont be getting him, IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.