Ryle Football Passes the Century Mark

cshs81

Ernst reported in his blog today that Ryle expects to roll out 110 players next fall - NOT counting freshman. Looks like the boys are getting excited about Ryle football in Union.

Should this hold, this would be the first time I've ever seen an NKY team with 100+ players.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time Ryle is faced with the issue of how to number the jersey. In the past I have seen rosters from other teams with two 99's, two 55's, etc...

Would have never thought it would happen at Ryle. Although this may only be temporary since the new school in Boone County is slated to open in two years which will dilute the talent pool once again. Everyone says that with the projected growth of Boone County it will not effect the athletics. I can't see how it won't have an impact.

What are others thoughts?

How do teams with more than 99 varsity players assign jersey numbers? Do you have a roster with 99 & 99B? How accurate are the stats if you sub 99 with 99B?

First time Ryle is faced with the issue of how to number the jersey. In the past I have seen rosters from other teams with two 99's, two 55's, etc...

Would have never thought it would happen at Ryle. Although this may only be temporary since the new school in Boone County is slated to open in two years which will dilute the talent pool once again. Everyone says that with the projected growth of Boone County it will not effect the athletics. I can't see how it won't have an impact.

How do teams with more than 99 varsity players assign jersey numbers? Do you have a roster with 99 & 99B? How accurate are the stats if you sub 99 with 99B?

You can get a few more #'s by using 'o' in front of 1, 2, 3,etc, example 01,02, 03, 04, 05,06, 07, 08,09

Trinity doesn't have more than 99 varsity players but they do issue a few duplicate numbers. It works out OK as long as one kid is on offense and the other is on defense. This situation caused some confusion on this board last year. Some folks reported one of the Duttons (#2) playing safety for the Rocks. It turned out to be a duplicate number.

Trinity doesn't have more than 99 varsity players but they do issue a few duplicate numbers. It works out OK as long as one kid is on offense and the other is on defense. This situation caused some confusion on this board last year. Some folks reported one of the Duttons (#2) playing safety for the Rocks. It turned out to be a duplicate number.

The only rule is that two players with the same number cannot be on the field at the same time.

Ryle has 1600? that seems high to me but what do I know.

Checked for ya and Ryle according to the 05-06 reports had 1,570. I'd say that's probably increased as well RR34 is on his numbers. And in case you're curious Neer SK had about 150 less students.

And if you want to know what really grinds my gears it's that SK & Ryle both play with Trinity and St. X, whoms also happen have about 1400 students, however none of their students wear dresses or short skirts to school.

And if you want to know what really grinds my gears it's that SK & Ryle both play with Trinity and St. X, whoms also happen have about 1400 students, however none of their students wear dresses or short skirts to school.

...well none that they mention anyways.