Elliott Co. 85 Ashland 69

The fans of the Lions should be very happy and proud of their teams success this year, but I have noticed some on here not having a lot of class toward the runner up Ashland. Not a great example for the kids to see, IMO. And those thumping their chest loudly about next year and the year after. A lot can happen between now and then and Rose Hill is a nice little team too, they may have a lot to say about the region titles the next few years too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait just one minute......I have and will not make any excuses.

I replied to a poster who was slamming Ashland's coach.

I'm sure that the people of Sandy Hook and Elliott County are proud as peacocks right now, and they have every right to be, just leave the yelling out of it when posting. I really thought that Elliott fans would be more gracious winners than this, but sometimes emotions get the best of us all;)

I don't think its the Elliott Fans Onetoya. Let me say that the first half was one of the best shows we have seen at the Regional for several years. No walk it up and grind it out, just pure pressure, run, gun and hustle. Coach Bigg's comments after the game show him to be a truly class act and a welcome addition to the 16th and I love the fact he stuck to his style.

Elliott finally shot the ball like they are capable of and the results showed. Those kids were going to find a way to win that game. The rebounding of the Faulkners is amazing for kids their size. It just shows how much they want it. Maynard pops off the bench and simply went off on Ashland. When he gets time to set his feet, he is deadly. I congratulate both coaches for not overcoaching. Some seem to think it shows great coaching to control every trip down the floor. Mays and Biggs have the confidence in the players just to let them play and it paid off for both of them all year. And a big hats off to Elliott's fans. They had by far the biggest crowd every night despite being the smallest school. One last comment, Timmy Knipp may be one of the best to come out of this region ina long time before he graduates. There will be some classic Elliott-Rose Hill games in the near future.

The fans of the Lions should be very happy and proud of their teams success this year, but I have noticed some on here not having a lot of class toward the runner up Ashland. Not a great example for the kids to see, IMO. And those thumping their chest loudly about next year and the year after. A lot can happen between now and then and Rose Hill is a nice little team too, they may have a lot to say about the region titles the next few years too.

Again I don't think it necessarily the fans from Elliott that are popping off about the next few years. Over the years Ashland has developed quite a few detractors around the region. With the classy manner in which Biggs conducts himself this may change somewhat. We will enjoy this one for all its worth and then get ready because there is never an easy path for a small school. However, it will be fun to watch 2 small schools be highly regarded next season. There is a multitude of young talent at Rose Hill and Elliott County.

You'll not see my point and that is fine.

Good luck at Rupp Arena.

The 64th will be as strong as ever next year so enjoy it while it lasts:cool:

Lets be honest here... neither team will hang with Elliott and Rose Hill the next couple of years. Boyd probably has more potential to do that then Boyd, because the majority of Boyd's team returns other than two of their leaders(Branham and Blanton).

Again I don't think it necessarily the fans from Elliott that are popping off about the next few years. Over the years Ashland has developed quite a few detractors around the region. With the classy manner in which Biggs conducts himself this may change somewhat. We will enjoy this one for all its worth and then get ready because there is never an easy path for a small school. However, it will be fun to watch 2 small schools be highly regarded next season. There is a multitude of young talent at Rose Hill and Elliott County.

I agree, I dont think it is the Elliott Con fans who are saying this. But on the other hand, Coach Biggs is a class act and a great coach. :thumb:

Congrats to Elliott County on their first trip to the Sweet Sixteen. I am sure there won't be anyone left in Sandy Hook next week. This should be a dandy, the young Elliott County team vs the young Shelby Valley team. Both teams are extremely young. Again, congrats to Elliott County.

There was a Tyler Maynard who left Scott County after his Soph year. He was a great kid with a sweet J - just a touch slow to play big minutes at SC - is this the same kid? I'm very happy for him if it is.

Congrats Elliott.

Yes, he moved after his freshman year, has picked up his quickness & speed a little & said he plans to work hard to improve it more this summer. He could get 2-3 minutes at Scott Co this year but that is not anything to be embarrassed about with all the talent at Scott Co.Good luck to the Cards

Elliott County won. They and their fans deserve to crow all they want. I feel sure that, if the game had gone the other way, we would have heard much crowing about "Buddyball". As Andrew Jackson said, "To the victor belongs the spoils". Let the words fly, Elliott County, you earned it.

McDavid is one of the most consistent players to play in this area. He had a big tournament overall although Lewis County (his big game) was far and away the worst team in the field. Let me repeat because Ashlanders will be mortified by my post (even though it is honest and factual). McDavid had a big tournament.

However, during the second half of the championship game when the cards were on the table, he was pretty much a non-factor. What points he scored in the second half were scored when the game was over and Elliott County was much more interested in moving the clock than in playing defense. He deserved all tournament but he was not the MVP.

Yes, he moved after his freshman year, has picked up his quickness & speed a little & said he plans to work hard to improve it more this summer. He could get 2-3 minutes at Scott Co this year but that is not anything to be embarrassed about with all the talent at Scott Co.Good luck to the Cards

I got a couple of PMs about the speed comment - Guys - I love the kid. I think he's a hard worker and a great person and an outstanding shooter. I'm really glad he found a place where he could be a major contributor on a team going to Rupp! It's awesome. I meant no disrespect to Tyler. I am 100% happy that it has worked out for him.

If my Cards don't come to play tonight - Tyler will be playing at Rupp and we'll be watching from the cheap seats.

I got a couple of PMs about the speed comment - Guys - I love the kid. I think he's a hard worker and a great person and an outstanding shooter. I'm really glad he found a place where he could be a major contributor on a team going to Rupp! It's awesome. I meant no disrespect to Tyler. I am 100% happy that it has worked out for him.

If my Cards don't come to play tonight - Tyler will be playing at Rupp and we'll be watching from the cheap seats.

You cleared that up .:jump: :walk: :jump: :banana: :D :D

It is my understanding that another kid who performed very well & made the all tourney team in the 16th also spent some time at Scott County. I do not think he saw any playing time in his future at Scott Co. Russells Austin Robinson, a kid we all have enjoyed watching this year. This just gives you a little glimpse of the talent level at Scott County.