Elliott Co. 85 Ashland 69

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott County won. They and their fans deserve to crow all they want. I feel sure that, if the game had gone the other way, we would have heard much crowing about "Buddyball". As Andrew Jackson said, "To the victor belongs the spoils". Let the words fly, Elliott County, you earned it.

McDavid is one of the most consistent players to play in this area. He had a big tournament overall although Lewis County (his big game) was far and away the worst team in the field. Let me repeat because Ashlanders will be mortified by my post (even though it is honest and factual). McDavid had a big tournament.

However, during the second half of the championship game when the cards were on the table, he was pretty much a non-factor. What points he scored in the second half were scored when the game was over and Elliott County was much more interested in moving the clock than in playing defense. He deserved all tournament but he was not the MVP.

Scooterbob, I would like to know your justification for insulting a child publicly on this site. Why you have felt the need all season to down Drew??? Anyone that knows him, knows that he is an exceptional player, a great kid, and comes from a good family. His records speak for itself. Do you not care that these players get on here and read the comments and see how grown adults talk about them?? Quite frankly, i find it alarming the extremes you have gone to to tear this young man down..... I do not appreciate it and im sure there are others that dont either. And for the record, last years mvp was from a losing team and the year beofre and the year before. Check your facts before you make such comments about this young man....

And for the record, I want the public here to know that Drew went to grade school at Rose Hill and transferred to public after 6th grade. That was the plan all along, it had nothing to do with sports. Ask me how i know this??? I am his aunt, i have a child that goes to Rose Hill and this is exactly why i dont support ROSE Hill Sports. We have lost many a good family At Rose Hill because of antics such as yours Scooterbob...... Please allow Drew the praise he deserves for the years of dedication he has put into sports. We are very proud of his accomplishments and HE will do great things at Georgetown!

With this being said, I wish Elliott all the luck at Rupp. They are a great team! And one needs to remember these kids are friends off court, they dont take it as serious as some adults do... I am proud of you Drew and dont let anyone bring you down!!!!!