Elliott Co. 85 Ashland 69

I've never been a fan of a losing team having the MOP. I think a member of the championship team should carry the title.

Well for the past 4 years the loser in the championship game has had the mvp on their team. I'm just biased i suppose. With that being said congratulations to Elliot County. You all have a great team and I hope you do well at Rupp and represent the 16th well!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Vanhoose plays against Elliott County this thread does not exist. There is only a handful of D1 signees in the '07 KY class this year and Vanhoose is one of them.

And if Eve had not of convinced Adam to eat that apple...

ONETOYA, The one thing Ashland, Russell & Boyd have in common is they all was beaten by the Regional Champion! Doesn't matter what round it was in, they all ended their season with a loss. It was stated by BGP'rs when the Regional pairings came out:

1. Elliott had the worst draw possible. From round 1 on.

2. Boyd had the worst 1st round draw.

3. Russell had the toughest bracket.

4. Ashland had the easiest path to the Regional Championship.

Everything worked out as expected, No surprises or upsets! Ashland, Russell and Boyd all Lost when they were expected too, and Elliott finished the job as they were expected too. Elliott handed each of the top 3 teams in the Regional their butts and there should be no excuses from anyone who watched the tournament unfold.

Wait just one minute......I have and will not make any excuses.

I replied to a poster who was slamming Ashland's coach.

I'm sure that the people of Sandy Hook and Elliott County are proud as peacocks right now, and they have every right to be, just leave the yelling out of it when posting. I really thought that Elliott fans would be more gracious winners than this, but sometimes emotions get the best of us all;)

Congrats to Elliott on the win. They played their hearts out and hit all the big shots. I hope you represent the 16th region well. I will be pulling for you.

We had a great season and Coach Biggs brought back excitment to Ashland Basketball. Good luck to all the seniors the rest of the year and for life after High School. To the returning players keep working hard and remember what it was like to make it this far. Hope you can make it back next year and hopefully go to Ruoo.

Drew McDavid was robbed of the MVP. He definitley should have got it! 26 and 20 in one game and 19 and 16 in another. How could he not have gotton it?

People just can't stand for little ole Elliott to get anything!!!! Last year

everyone used the excuse that Ferguson was on losing team so he shouldn't have gotten mvp, now Faulkner is on the winning team and got it, and their saying he don't deserve it. My opinion along with Kele Okereke"s, and 50cent's

will get you a cup of coffee, but bottom line is all the coach's voted on it so I would say that make's it official because I don't figure they had personal preference's in mind when they made "their" decision.

ETHAN FAULKNER 16TH REGION M.V.P.

WAY TO GO DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb: :banana: :fight:

And if Eve had not of convinced Adam to eat that apple...

Amen!

[quote=Originally Posted by OYPreps

If Vanhoose plays against Elliott County this thread does not exist. There is only a handful of D1 signees in the '07 KY class this year and Vanhoose is one of them.

No really, we'll just never know now, will we?

Comments:

1) I heard from a good reliable source that Elliott Co. hit more shots and outrebounded Ashland in the 2nd half. It was a close game all the way through except the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. It was tied at 43 at the half.

2) Congrats to Coach Biggs and the Tomcats on a good season. They end at 22-11 and Coach Biggs has led his past 4 teams(3 at Pendleton County and 1 at APB) to their respective district titles and at least to the regional semi-finals. Look for them to be back again next season.

3) My hats off to the young Elliott County team. They are now 24-6 and played their basketball throughout the playoffs. Congrats on being the 16th All "A" Champs and Regular Champs. I could very easily see them competing to go the final four(with their draw).

Two of the team's Drew played this year were cake walk's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eliott has had the toughest draw in it both year's!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that Drew's team beat Boyd also to get the draw Ashland got in the Regional toury sooo????? Also, I guess Elliott's loss to East Carter means that Ashland's semi game was a cake-walk???

Now, Elliott County is the 16th Region Champion regardless of the IFs and BUTs. My advice is to enjoy the win and stop trying to defend it because next year will come very quickly:jump:

Remember that Drew's team beat Boyd also to get the draw Ashland got in the Regional toury sooo????? Also, I guess Elliott's loss to East Carter means that Ashland's semi game was a cake-walk???

Now, Elliott County is the 16th Region Champion regardless of the IFs and BUTs. My advice is to enjoy the win and stop trying to defend it because next year will come very quickly:jump:

Not sure the rest of the region will want to see Elliott much the next two seasons.

Congrats to Elliott on the win. They played their hearts out and hit all the big shots. I hope you represent the 16th region well. I will be pulling you.

We had a great season and Coach Biggs brought back excitment to Ashland Basketball. Good luck to all the seniors the rest of the year and for life after High School. To the returning players keep working hard and remember what it was like to make it this far. Hope you can make it back next year and hopefully go to Ruoo.

I guess making it to Rupp back to back years under Mike Flynn was not very exciting?:confused: