• New York Yankees
    • Oakland A's
    • Seattle Mariners
    • Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    • Texas Rangers
    • Toronto Bluejays

Yankees.

C'ville,,,,,you disappoint me so!

I don't like anything east coast. I suppose I'd have to say the twinkies, I met Puckett, Hrbek, Gladden once in spring training when we went down there to play.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Red Sox fan since 1975 which is the first World Series I can remember. I remember the announcers talking about The Green Monster and at 5 years old thinking there was really a monster patrolling left field in Boston. I've been a fan ever since.

It was '85 or '86 for me...I can't remember if it was the year before, or the year of their heartbreaking WS loss to the Mets, but I do know I was a Sox fan when Buckner let that ball roll through his legs...that was my first taste of heartbreak as a sports fan...followed by an upset loss to Villanova in the NCAA tourny when King Rex was a Wildcat...a Super Bowl loss to the 49ers...heartbreaking losses to the Detroit Pistons (as a Bulls fan)...

My early sports watching days were filled with heartbreak...:lol:

It hasn't changed much...as a Titans/Oilers fan...I've dealt with the greatest playoff collapse in history (blowing a 35-3 third quarter lead against the Buffalo Bills), and my team coming up one yard short of likely sending the Super Bowl to OT, and then see them fall short of making it back to the big game even though they were good enough to do it...aaaarrggghhh!

I like the A's some, but since they are on the left coast, they aren't on TV much. I like watching the Rangers and the Bosox, so I'll go with them. Growing up I loved the Royals with Brett, Frank White, Willie Wilson and Co. Also was a big Brewers' fan back in the day, however, that stopped the day they moved over to the Senior Circuit.